1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New VA Taco owner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by beerking, May 16, 2011.

1. May 16, 2011 at 10:25 PM
    beerking

beerking [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Access V6 TRD Sport
    All-pro APEX front bumper, 4xInnovation sliders w/kickouts, ATO front skid, Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Icon 2.5 Front coilovers with 700lb King shocks, 5100's on the rear, TSB Toytec AAL, slimcubby HID headlights, debadged, Magnaflow muffler, AFE drop-in, Python 991 Remote start/alarm, Clarion NX501, Wet Okole's, Weathertech digifit floor mats, Midland CB, Blue 4' Firestik II, Tailgate anti-theft mod, power tailgate lock, rear differential breather relocation & yellow wire mod.
    Hey everyone. I introduced myself on the Tidewater VA thread, but never really did to the whole forum. I'm a long-time taco lover and finally a 1st time owner. I've wanted one of these trucks for years and am finally doing well enough for myself that I was recently able to purchase a 2009 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab. I'd been searching for a truck for quite some time and had almost gone to the dark side and looked into buying a Frontier. On the day I was about to go check out a local Nissan dealership I checked CarMax one last time and saw the beauty that I own today. Test drove and purchased the same day. I freakin LOVE my taco!

I'm from Texas but got stationed here in VA a few years ago and have been stuck ever since. This place has grown on me and I love how close everything is and how much there is to do, though the lack of trails nearby is pretty upsetting. One day I'd like to move to a place where I can go off-roading on a regular basis.

I've only my truck since March but I've been doing my best to make it my own. It came with the tonneau cover and billet grill, but since I've had it I've done the tailgate anti-theft mod, Python 991 remote start, Clarion NX501 HU and have Weathertech floor liners, slimcubby HID's and 265/70/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's on the way. I'm also looking to do a lift soon but haven't figured out which route I'd like to take with it. I'm looking for around 1.75-2" of lift. Originally I was looking to go the Eibach/5100 route but since Eibach are impossible to find right now I may just go with 5100's set at 1.75 and a 1.5" AAL in the back. I'd like to avoind the cost of UCA's for now.

Anyway, I look forward to BS'ing with you all on here, learning a lot (already learned a ton), helping others where I can and hopefully hitting up some trails with some folks on here.

2. May 16, 2011 at 10:29 PM
    beerking

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Access V6 TRD Sport
    All-pro APEX front bumper, 4xInnovation sliders w/kickouts, ATO front skid, Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Icon 2.5 Front coilovers with 700lb King shocks, 5100's on the rear, TSB Toytec AAL, slimcubby HID headlights, debadged, Magnaflow muffler, AFE drop-in, Python 991 Remote start/alarm, Clarion NX501, Wet Okole's, Weathertech digifit floor mats, Midland CB, Blue 4' Firestik II, Tailgate anti-theft mod, power tailgate lock, rear differential breather relocation & yellow wire mod.
  3. May 17, 2011 at 4:03 AM
    LeftyTom

LeftyTom Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yadkinville NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma AccessCab, 2WD, 5spd, SR5
    Welcome to TacoWorld, Trey. Sharp dressed truck.

4. May 17, 2011 at 4:10 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Welcome aboard from northern VA man! Nice looking truck.

5. May 17, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    Hardscrabble

Hardscrabble Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    ‘20 Sport M/T AC 4WD & '15 TRDOR DCSB 4WD
    A little of this and a little of that.
    Welcome! Nice truck.

6. May 17, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    rob1

rob1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Blue DblCab 4X4 Long Bed TRD Sport SR5
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    Nice Truck!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: That's two thumbs up!! welcome aboard from south Texas!!

7. May 17, 2011 at 8:26 AM
    TeXian

TeXian Shifting Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Pyrite Mica TRD Sport DC 4X4 6spd
    bone stock
    Welcome!

Sweet ride!!!

8. May 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM
    beerking

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Access V6 TRD Sport
    Thanks everyone!

9. May 19, 2011 at 6:02 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW! Nice lookin truck :thumbsup:

10. May 19, 2011 at 6:14 AM
    resq330

resq330 El' Capi-Tan

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    VA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCSB TRD-Sport
    K&N Drop-In, Dick Cepek 'Torque' Wheels, Wet Okole Seat Covers, LED Interior
    Welcome aboard from SW VA! Good looking truck! What type tonneau cover do you have?

11. May 19, 2011 at 7:59 AM
    beerking

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Access V6 TRD Sport
    Thanks! Its the Extang Express Tonno. I like it. The only downside is you can't really lock anything in there, but the ease of converting between covered and uncovered is great. Big things are somewhat safe, unless someone cuts your tonneau open, as there isn't much play to open the sides up. It keeps everything pretty dry, too. In a heavy rain a little water might get in, but not much. I thought about getting a hardcover tonneau, but I don't have storage space to hold it if I have to remove it to haul something large.

12. May 19, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    resq330

resq330 El' Capi-Tan

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    VA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCSB TRD-Sport
    K&N Drop-In, Dick Cepek 'Torque' Wheels, Wet Okole Seat Covers, LED Interior

Cool! If you ever decide to go that route, let me know! May be interested in buying this one!

Products Discussed in

To Top