1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking of Getting a Tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by WillieComa, May 23, 2011.

1. May 23, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    WillieComa

WillieComa [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello All,

I might be getting a 1997, 2.7L, 4X4, 5-Speed Manual, 132K miles Tacoma.

I am still working out the details with the current owner, but ill probably be trading my 1994 Corvette for it (yes, trading it, heavily modified and no A/C though). Im doing this for personal / financial reasons. And i figured i needed a very mellow vehicle to drive around in for a couple of years. I also have a 2006 Subaru WRX that is my current daily driver.

This Tacoma, if i get it, will probably be my more regular daily driver and winter beater.

Well, I figured many people asked this, and i have searched around here for best approaches on the 2.7L engines and thats a Higher Flowing Dry Filter, Secondary filter Delete (is that on 1st gens?) and a few other odds and ends.. Oh and i cant stand ricey exhaust sounds, so i probably will not modify the exhaust. However, a turbo or supercharger kit has crossed my mind.

One thing that is very important to me is safety, and i have been in a rollover accident in my 02 ranger a few years back, so now, i have been considering a internal roll bar, or cage.

Well, thats a brief little info about me. I kind of hope this deal works out. looking forward to gaining wisdom from members here.

Products Discussed in

To Top