Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

additional shocks for extra weight

Old 05-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Mtn Buckster is on a distinguished road
Mtn Buckster's Tacoma Gallery
additional shocks for extra weight

Looking for additional or replacement shocks from stock ones to carry extra weight and not affect driving performance.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
bilstein 5100s would be good with a higher rate spring like eibachs
Old 05-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Shocks do not increase payload capacity. All they do is dampen the rebound of the springs.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Shocks do not increase payload capacity. All they do is dampen the rebound of the springs.
This. You need better springs. But at the same time-That will only help you carry the rated weight more comfortably. If you need to carry more weight than the truck is rated for-You need a bigger truck.

Cargo capacity is based on a lot of things-Not just the suspension.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
Mtn Buckster is on a distinguished road
Mtn Buckster's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the help

Thank you for all your help and support. You probably can see...I'm just a dumb old mountain man. My problem is when I load up like about 12 - 20 cement blocks, the back sags down. I wonder if I am doing any damage to truck by doing this. Thanks again!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:06 AM   #6
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Buckster View Post
Thank you for all your help and support. You probably can see...I'm just a dumb old mountain man. My problem is when I load up like about 12 - 20 cement blocks, the back sags down. I wonder if I am doing any damage to truck by doing this. Thanks again!
last week i loaded 1/2 pallet of blocks in my truck (30 blocks) and i was way down low. I wouldnt do that again but every once in a while its ok. I do have the dakkar leaf packs. if your stock i imagine you might blow your seals on your shocks and then maybe your leafs might need to replaced.