1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100,s-UCA,s-front wheel bearings and a hope and a prayer.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Megawattkiwi, May 30, 2011.

1. May 30, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    Megawattkiwi

Megawattkiwi [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    05 4.0 liter 4x4
    NewB here. Be gentle my friends. Some rambling thoughts as I prepare to install some Billie 5100's. Excellent discussions noted concerning the UCA's. As usual in life, change denotes more change-as in $ spent. So the question now is... do we set the struts at 2.75 knowing we must install another upper control arm to compensate for caster concerns adding another $500-$600, but doing the work together to save time and/or money for the installation, or setting the struts at 1.75 so perhaps we don't have to buy/install new UCA's? Some experienced comments on the 1.75 setting would be most appreciated.
    On another note. My hard working 05 Tacoma doublecab suprised me and the Toyota Dealership when at 90K the two front wheelbearings wore out through no misdeeds on my part. This occured even though the truck had no modifications. Anyone there who may have suffered the indignity and expense of such a dissapointment? Note #2. This truck has always had a bit of a wandering problem, vastly improved when the wheels are well balanced, but I do wonder what may occur when the caster is altered by stepping up. And will the appropriate UCA's solve/improve that?

Products Discussed in

To Top