Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

The first mod you should do on your new Taco

Old 06-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
The first mod you should do on your new Taco

The first mod you shoulddo on your new Taco is the secondary air filter removal.

Reasons to do this

1. Itís easy and free

2. Increase airflowwithout sacrificing filtration

3. Increase power

4. Increase MPGs

Reasons not to do this

1. You like to fill your gas tank

2. You own stock in an oil company

3. You donít want more power

4. Chicken

Try it youíll like it.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Another reason not to do it........the V6 guys don't seem to notice any change so far iirc.
Id like to know the numbers for ur increase in power and MPG tho.... a nice objective bit of info.
sent from my non iphone
Some V6ers do notice improvement.
More power can be felt through improved acceleration.
2 more MPG
Old 06-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
wear is the secondary air filter at? some have pic? all i have seen in the one that is like right by the engine cover. wear the in take snaps like right there.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
ive read a few V6 guys "feeling something" (thats what she said) im curious of the percentage tho.. perhaps a poll is in order.. gains or no, and if yes, what?
Old 06-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
where's chris 4x4 he should have the definitive answer
Old 06-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeandkanoa View Post
where's chris 4x4 he should have the definitive answer
Its been dyno'ed and found to have no gains. WHat some people "feel" is the Placebo affect. Some report better MPG, but thats attributed to them changing their driving style. Removing the charcoal filter on the V6 does nothing.......except allow for fuel vapors to go into the atmosphere, thus increasing the chance that trees will no longer grow, baby seals will die, and hippies every where will drop to their knees and sob.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
and hippies every where will drop to their knees and sob.
well, in that case.. I'm going out to do it right away!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
There are much more affective ways to make them cry. When pulling up to a Red light, next to a Prius, Put your truck in Neutral, and rev the engine. Hold it at about 3k RPM. Let them know that while they are in "Ecco" mode, you just pulled the trigger on your "Fuel Burn" mode....
Old 06-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its been dyno'ed and found to have no gains. WHat some people "feel" is the Placebo affect. Some report better MPG, but thats attributed to them changing their driving style. Removing the charcoal filter on the V6 does nothing.......except allow for fuel vapors to go into the atmosphere, thus increasing the chance that trees will no longer grow, baby seals will die, and hippies every where will drop to their knees and sob.
so not worth it?
Old 06-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Quote:
There are much more affective ways to make them cry. When pulling up to a Red light, next to a Prius, Put your truck in Neutral, and rev the engine. Hold it at about 3k RPM. Let them know that while they are in "Ecco" mode, you just pulled the trigger on your "Fuel Burn" mode....
Two men after my own heart
Old 06-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
Two men after my own heart
in a platonic, non homo/hippie way i assume..

I typically tell them to get a job, that i hunt, that i am a Marine, that i voted for Bush, that theyre free love bullshit is the demise of principals in America today, that smoking a bunch of weed and making up stupid contradictary statement does not make you a wise philosopher, point out all theyre leather belts n sandals came from the red meat i enjoy rotting in my stomach, tell them the manufacturing and especially disposal of their hybrid cause more pollution than me getting 18mpg, tell them hairy/showeless snatch is not where it is at, ask them what they would do if we had no military and America was invaded by worse tyrants than our own, all while eating a T-bone.. but thats just me
Old 06-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeandkanoa View Post
so not worth it?
No.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Thanks chris........I hate being the only barer of bad news (or the truth).
Objective data is one thing.......subjective "butt dyno" statements are good for laughs.

Speaking of, anyone else notice the increase in power after a good wash?

sent from my non iphone
A wash does nothing.......Now a wash AND Wax, welll......thats another story. Those 2 with some tire shine, and you'll be leaving Lambo's like they are stuck in concrete!