Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Greetings from Phoenix

Old 10-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
Greetings from Phoenix

That's Phoenix, AZ - not Phoenix, OR (although I have been there...)
I've got a 2007 Taco TRD / Offroad with the 6 speed manual tranny. I am considering a couple of upgrades, but am not going to go too crazy:

17" black steel rims from an FJ Cruiser. Sounds weird I know, but I want the simplicity, and a different look.

Power rear window. One of the few things that bugs me about the Taco - and I know this is a nit-picky compaint - is the way that the wind buffets my head when I have both windows down. It seems better when I open the sliding rear window, but it's a pain to reach back there and open it.

I am also wondering if there are any clutch upgrades I can do to make that a little smoother / lower effort. I guess I got spoiled by years of driving stick-shift Hondas - those clutches are like butta!

That's really it for now - but I am sure I will have more after I do some reading on this site!

gozar - aka Matt from Phoenix
Old 10-13-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from scottsdale (hate it)....

be sure to post some pics of your truck else be attacked by an angry mob.
Also you might want to check out centerforce clutches, always heard great things and it's an awesome product.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
jrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: John
jrw1965's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 10-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw,Matt!!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
If your talking about the black trd rims those are 16's would look sweet as hell on any tacoma! And welcome to TW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gozar View Post
That's Phoenix, AZ - not Phoenix, OR (although I have been there...)
I've got a 2007 Taco TRD / Offroad with the 6 speed manual tranny. I am considering a couple of upgrades, but am not going to go too crazy:

17" black steel rims from an FJ Cruiser. Sounds weird I know, but I want the simplicity, and a different look.

Power rear window. One of the few things that bugs me about the Taco - and I know this is a nit-picky compaint - is the way that the wind buffets my head when I have both windows down. It seems better when I open the sliding rear window, but it's a pain to reach back there and open it.

I am also wondering if there are any clutch upgrades I can do to make that a little smoother / lower effort. I guess I got spoiled by years of driving stick-shift Hondas - those clutches are like butta!

That's really it for now - but I am sure I will have more after I do some reading on this site!

gozar - aka Matt from Phoenix
Old 10-13-2008, 09:29 PM   #7
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
Here's a counter greeting from PhoenixCadet. (Note that I am not in any way, shape or form affiliated with either of the locations with this name - although I have been to PHX, AZ.)

Old 10-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #8
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the welcome everyone... I will post some pics when I get a chance.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from the "Hot Girl" capitol of AZ.!!! Tempe for those not liveing in AZ.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:06 PM   #11
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Welcome from the "Hot Girl" capitol of AZ.!!! Tempe for those not liveing in AZ.
Now that, I will give you!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #12
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
Now that, I will give you!!!
And Im 1 mile from ASU!!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
I used to love to shop at that Safeway on Broadway when I used to live in Tempe...a hotty in every aisle.
Now they have that Riverview Market. My head is on a swivel anytime I drive thru there. Glad Im taller than my Wife, she doesnt notice.......or shes checking out the college guys.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #16

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
And Im 1 mile from ASU!!!!!
ok now I'm just plain jealous!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:19 PM   #17
Anthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the rough

Anthony999's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Glendale AZ. We got nothing except high schoolers haha
Old 10-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #18
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery