Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Which in dash touch screen will fit?

Old 07-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
RyanBelliston is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
RyanBelliston's Tacoma Gallery
Which in dash touch screen will fit?

I just bought a 2005 double cab tacoma. But it doesnt have any aux options to plug in my ipod. I love the 7" touchscreens that fit flush in cars. Can someone help me as to what would fit in mine?

Also I am new to Tacoma World!

Thank you in advance!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBelliston View Post
I just bought a 2005 double cab tacoma. But it doesnt have any aux options to plug in my ipod. I love the 7" touchscreens that fit flush in cars. Can someone help me as to what would fit in mine?

Also I am new to Tacoma World!

Thank you in advance!
Welcome to TW! Try Crutchfield, you can put in the vehicle you have and they'll tell you everything that fits. They're pricing usually isn't too bad either since they provide the dash kits required for the new head unit.

Also, check out http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/
A whole section dedicated to vehicle A/V, lots of ideas, reviews and installs.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
Racerboy221 will become famous soon enoughRacerboy221 will become famous soon enough

Army: Counter Intelligence at NSA
Name: Bill
Racerboy221's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Racerboy221
Welcome to TW from AZ!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
ottonavigps is on a distinguished road
ottonavigps's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ion-radio.html
Old 01-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
MikeluvstheTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
MikeluvstheTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I put in a Pioneer AVHP 4300, its sweet.

I bought a dash kit from taco tunes, then I read a lot of bad issues with them. My stuff showed up though and works well so I guess its a hit and miss with them.

You will need a double din dash kit and wiring harness,

A 7 inch dvd player head unit will be a double din format

Not to sound like a dick, but if you have to ask if it will fit I would get it installed by an av shop, Most of the time you can free install when sales go up.

Good Luck
Old 01-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Aloha