LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

windsheild noise 2011 tacoma dbl cab

Old 07-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
noelbb has a spectacular aura aboutnoelbb has a spectacular aura aboutnoelbb has a spectacular aura about

Name: noel
noelbb's Tacoma Gallery
windsheild noise 2011 tacoma dbl cab

This is my first Toyota truck and i like it but at 65mph and above it whistles loud. turn the re circulation on and off and it changes roll the window down and it goes away.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:47 AM   #2
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
take it back to the dealership for warranty work. windshield noise is a common problem....

btw, WELCOME!
Old 07-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
noelbb has a spectacular aura aboutnoelbb has a spectacular aura aboutnoelbb has a spectacular aura about

noelbb's Tacoma Gallery
YEA already taken back once they never heard of a problem.........ha. thanks for the welcome.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
there is another thread on here for an 11 having that same windshield noise.
lemme find it

edit: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...eld-noise.html
Old 07-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
You'll find "we've never heard of this before" is the dealerships normal responce along with "sorry...we can't duplicate the problem".
Here's a list of tsb's. Look at tsb-NV006-07 (windshield wind noise at highway speeds.)
It's been a problem for the last 6 or so years and they still haven't got it fixed...WTF???
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html
Old 07-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #6

noelbb's Tacoma Gallery
thanks i have been looking for it.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Mine had the same damn problem and mines a 2005...it ended up being the windshield gasket...
Old 07-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #9

noelbb's Tacoma Gallery
hope the can repair mine with out much problem. Sure hate to kill some one for scratching my truck
Old 07-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
You'll find "we've never heard of this before" is the dealerships normal responce along with "sorry...we can't duplicate the problem".
Here's a list of tsb's. Look at tsb-NV006-07 (windshield wind noise at highway speeds.)
It's been a problem for the last 6 or so years and they still haven't got it fixed...WTF???
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html
I got neg rep for this? WTF?? Must of been someone (didn't care to leave a name) that works at the dealership. I guess the truth hurts huh?
Old 07-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #11

noelbb's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
I got neg rep for this? WTF?? Must of been someone (didn't care to leave a name) that works at the dealership. I guess the truth hurts huh?
no doubt i give it a thumbs up
Old 07-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #12

noelbb's Tacoma Gallery
Found out today that its the upper strip around the windshield flapping in the wind. They are going to fix it .
Old 07-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #13
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
very nice, easy fix too.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #14

noelbb's Tacoma Gallery
Its fixed drove it today up to 80 plus no noise