Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello Family!

Old 07-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
possom is on a distinguished road
possom's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Hello Family!

Hi Tacoma brothers and sisters!

I recently joined the family buy purchasing a Silver 2005 Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab with the V6 and 6 speed manual with 67,000 miles.

I live in the Houston area.

I am moving from a Mazdaspeed 6 to the truck to enhance my surf and kayak fishing (hard to fish from a sedan). I have been looking for the perfect truck for over a year and very excited to finally have found it.

I spent a lot of time researching the Mazdaspeed 6 before and after i bought it, did several mods to it, and intend to learn all about the Tacoma now, and the many tricks and mods available here.

Want to thank all the founders and members here for what seems to be a great auto community. mazda6club.com made owning that car feel like being part of a club, and I am happy there's one for my new truck and lifestyle.

I am reading the manual and will be changing the oil and probably the differential fluids to start.

Thank you all for the great information I have already read and will continue to read here.

I have one question that someone may be able to help with. There is what appears to be a user-installed red button that clicks in and out, to the left of my steering wheel. I can't tell that it does anything and the previous owner does not know what it is. It does not appear to affect starting, it isnt really hidden at all, so not a kill switch. There also appears to be an "alarm switch" type switch in the engine compartment that closes/opens with the hood. Again, I can not tell that it does anything (like lights under the hood).

As far as I know, my truck does not have a locking diff, there is no stock locking button, so I do not think this red button is related to that (unless someone added it, but surely they would know?).

Anyway, other than "grey-wire/locker anytime" mod and under hood light mods, any ideas what these switches may be?

Edit: I took off the door in front of the interior fusee panel and found these 3 loose connections.. 2 match male-female (one of which comes from the button). The larger one (B) i assume is for a scanning tool?

The wire from the under hood switch goes through the firewall and into the cab but i lose it tracing it somewhere behind the same fuse panel.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
booboy is on a distinguished road

booboy's Tacoma Gallery
Hello...
Old 07-28-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
possom is on a distinguished road
possom's Tacoma Gallery
Hi! =)

Come to the conclusion that there must have been an aftermarket alarm installed at some point, explaining the hood switch and probably a valet switch.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:38 AM   #7
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
WELCOME!

I also had a silver 2005 4WD Taco (but a double cab)...