Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Noob question

Old 07-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
socaltacoguy is on a distinguished road
Marines:
socaltacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
Noob question

I own a 01 Prerunner, and will be needing new tires soon. I bought the truck used from the original owner who had elected to install Definity Dakota AT 265/70R-16.

I like the tread pattern of BFG AT's and will likely stick with something along those lines, but im curious to know if i can go a little bigger without having to increase the lift height. Currently, it's just the stock Prerunner height (2 inch lift?)

Any help for the new guy??
Old 07-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
Derecho has a spectacular aura aboutDerecho has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Derecho's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome/Free Bump!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the BFG. New here also.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
Marines:
Derecho,
this may be overly naive of me, but explain your "free bump" comment??
Old 07-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Derecho has a spectacular aura aboutDerecho has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Derecho's Tacoma Gallery
"Free Bump" refers to getting your post to show up at the top of the main page, even thou I didn't have an answer to your original post.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATm

Quiet on the highway, plus:

Great in Sand:

Mud:

and snow:
Old 07-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #8
Marines:
Should I stick with the 265, or can I go bigger? Don't have the time or money right now to lift the truck for anymore clearance, but I also don't want to deal with rubbing from tires that are too big. Just looking for a hoping for a little more aggressive look without too much effort for now.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:45 AM   #9
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socaltacoguy View Post
Should I stick with the 265, or can I go bigger? Don't have the time or money right now to lift the truck for anymore clearance, but I also don't want to deal with rubbing from tires that are too big. Just looking for a hoping for a little more aggressive look without too much effort for now.
I went one inch taller, to a 265/75-16... Fits perfect and no rubbing at all (stock truck)... plus the speedometer is now accurate!

I used to run the Pep Boys Dakota tires... on my 2001 Tacoma, after the BFG's wore out... they were so cheap, I couldn't resist (back then ~$85). They only lasted 25,000 miles, but because they were a 50,000 mile tire, I got new ones for half price!