Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

My pics are here

Old 06-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
brant_trd is on a distinguished road

brant_trd's Tacoma Gallery
My pics are here

I have the grillecraft grille. I fabricated a piece of sheet metal and welded 2 all thread studs on it and bolted it to my grille and added the TRD vinyl.

I painted the inside of my wheels with flat black, so all you focus on is the front of the wheel and the same with the center cap.

I scuffed my tacoma eblems and painted with black Krylon fusion.

And heres my tail lights, I used 2 coats of night shades, most people do 3 to get them all the way black, but I kinda like the reddish tint and also you can put a clear coat on top to give it a shine.

It took me 1 can, you have to buy 2 so they can make money off you.
And it seems the cans are half full. You can get them at modernperformance.com

The 04 tundra wheels that I got dirt cheap. I painted the center of them flat
black and put my stock tires on them.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
very nice man...i'm gonna have to steal the tail light tint thing..haha. and the rims and grill look very sharp the way you did them, along w/ the tailgate.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
bad f#@*n ass no doubt. good job
Old 06-05-2007, 04:06 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh...and did you fusion paint parts of the headlights too?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks great!! rims look pretty sweet like that!!
Old 06-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division
MarkC is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AGE (aerospace ground equipment) mechanic
Name: Mark
MarkC's Tacoma Gallery
badass bro
Old 06-06-2007, 05:05 AM   #7

yes I used the krylon fusion on headlights too
Heres more pics of my truck to get a better idea of how it looks all together

and uder the hood pic of my TRD intake and filter
Old 06-06-2007, 06:52 AM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator

nice once again. the black in the wheels definately makes them stand out from the crowd.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:44 AM   #9
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great. I've got to get a grill like that.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #10
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I like every bit of it! Great job!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #11
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Hey BRANT, did you lift your truck at all or is that stock and what size tires are those? I'm wanting to buy bigger tires that would fit now(stock lift) and lift my truck at a later date, that way I wouldn't have to worry about bigger tires after the lift. Your truck looks AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 03:20 PM   #12

My truck has a 3 inch revtech lift and those tires are 285/75 that's the actual size, but they measure 33'x11.5. And no those tires won't fit on your stock lift, cause those tires slightly rub my upper control arm and inner fender well, when I'm turning all the way.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #13
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Brant, you have saved me a lot of homework and time!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

question about the spray tint...do u think it would be ok to do one coat of that over the headlights to darken them up a bit, but not to the point of taking away from the reason they're there?
Old 06-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
question about the spray tint...do u think it would be ok to do one coat of that over the headlights to darken them up a bit, but not to the point of taking away from the reason they're there?
I don't think that such a good idea, inless you use 1 very light coat. Then you might want to upgrade your bulbs. And if it wouldn't work you can always wet sand it off with 5000 grit and then buff it out with a rubbing compound, therefore that takes a lot of elbow grease. It's up to you man, but if you do let know how they turn out and again I wouldn't do it.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

http://www.modernperformance.com/all...des_tint.shtml

i dont think that 1 shade pic would be too dark to hurt anything
Old 06-08-2007, 08:17 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator

well i wanna do the painted headlight mod and the tinting together...lol

how much were the cans? the site doesnt say. i sent them an email, but i'm sure it wont get answered until monday
Old 06-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #19
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
looks good. you ready to go play now
Old 06-09-2007, 09:16 AM   #20
Sooooooper Moderator

just ordered my nightshades...w00t w00t...guess i better get on the ball...lol