Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Newbie needs nerf bars & fog lights

Old 08-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
Murman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Murman's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie needs nerf bars & fog lights

Hi, I've had my 2011 SR5 Access Cab since March of this year and I absolutely love it. About a month or so ago, I decided it needed some nerf bars or running boards. Problem is, I don't know anything about them. I'm hoping someone will have some input as to what brands are good and what brands to avoid. Are there some favorite online vendors that I should check out?
I also need to add some fog lights. Those black "plugs" in the front bumper are screaming to be replaced by some functioning lights. Who makes a quality set of lights that will fit perfectly in these holes? Thanks
Old 08-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
I got some OEM fogs from a member that upgraded his bumper and this is my install mod. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...hout-fogs.html
You can get some OEM fogs on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories
As for nerf bars or running boards if you plan on off roading don't waste your time on either. Get some sliders from Eric @ http://www.relentlessfabrication.com/
Old 08-27-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
Murman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Murman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your reply. I hadn't thought to try to find some used lights. I will check eBay and Craigslist to see if there are any available.
My Taco is 2wd so I won't be doing any off-roading. Standard nerfs should do just fine.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
I like the N-Fab side steps... they give the truck a little tougher look than just regular nerf bars... I believe that Smittybuilt makes the same bars from the same factory, but I may be mistaken...
Old 08-27-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW