1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member with questions

Discussion in 'New Members' started by kaisersteiner, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Jun 12, 2007 at 4:06 PM
    kaisersteiner

kaisersteiner [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hello everyone. I finally broke down and bought what I hope will be a superior truck to my Dodges and Fords I have had in the past. This is my 5th truck in 10 years and I hope to have this one for sometime. This is what I bought-

2007 Silver Prerunner Access Cab.

I plan on driving mostly on the highway back and forth to NYC so I have questions.

1- I hate the 16 inch tires and wheels. What should I get for mostly highway use?
    2- Need a new radio too. Any double din sugeestions.

3- Bed cover?

4- Step bars?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. This is a second vehicle to my 2006 C SRT8. I want it to ride smooth and deliver decent gas mileage.

Thanks in advance!

2. Jun 13, 2007 at 2:24 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    welcome to TW kaiser well hope these recommendations help you in purchasing your accessories on your new taco.

audio: pioneer, eclipse, or kenwood they also offer nav systems if you purchase pioneer i can tell you more about them.

bed cover: i purchased from extang and it is a roll top not the fold type due to large items i haul.

step bars: nerf products it seems the majority of our memebers have them on their tacos.

let me tell you you have made a wise purchase for long term vehicle. check out our photo gallery and see what other ideas you can come up with and you can even ask us we're here to help :) welcome to the taco family

3. Jun 13, 2007 at 5:58 PM
    kaisersteiner

Member:
    The roll up cover you got. Does it work with the cleats?

4. Jun 14, 2007 at 5:57 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    My Opinion:

1) I haven't done anything with wheels, but a bunch of people have on here...

2) Audio (Double DIN): Go with Pioneer AVIC or Kenwood. I have no experience with Eclipse, but a bunch of people like them. I get a bunch of my stuff from www.crutchfield.com. They aren't always the lowest price, but they have THE BEST customer service.

3) Bed Cover (Tonneau): Depends on what you want - Solid Plastic or Fiberglass, One piece Vinyl, Rolling Vinyl, Folding Vinyl, Folding Solid, Truck box options, etc... Personally - I am still shopping, but I will NOT get a BAK now.

4) Step Bars - Go Nerf, I am actually looking at getting some off of www.TRDParts4u.com. So far they have a pretty good deal, but I am also keeping my eye out on www.ebay.com. What every you do - get the ones with THREE SUPPORTS!!! The ones with only two get a ton of complaints!

For Aftermarket stuff, price shop these sites:
    www.TRDParts4u.com
    www.ebay.com
    www.AutoAnything.com
    www.4wheelonline.com
    www.earlowen.com
    www.truckaddons.com

Best of luck to you...

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Jun 14, 2007 at 3:02 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    the roll top does work with cleats. i also agree with mark about ebay, that site can have affordable aftermarket products. but then again you want the best price so let these sites mark recommend see how low their prices can go. i did that with pioneer and extang. hope this helps kaiser :)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Jun 15, 2007 at 7:17 PM
    kaisersteiner

Member:
    Awesome- Thanks for the info and nice truck too! Just ordered 20" wheels today. Should look good.

Products Discussed in

To Top