Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Cheap Roof Basket for Yakima and Thule Racks.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
TennesseeTacoma is on a distinguished road
TennesseeTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Cheap Roof Basket for Yakima and Thule Racks.

Hello everyone I am new to this site and I just recently installed a Yakima roof rack on my 06 double cab. I wanted a cargo basket for it but I did not want to drop the $250 for a LoadWarrior basket. I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a Reese cargo basket for around $60 dollars (There is the exact same one at other stores made by Highlander). It requires some assembly but nothing a screwdriver and socket wrench can't handle. I ended up purchasing some U-bolts, Plasti-Dip, locking washers, wing nuts and some 3/4" foam tube insulation all for around $30. So all in all I have around $90 and a few hours invested in it. Even though it is not up to the level of the LoadWarrior, it is a very functional basket and is rock solid. I am going to post pictures of it soon because I know there is someone out there who who wants the look and functionality with out the high price.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV.
Oh no another Plasti-Dipper.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #3
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man welcome to TW, yeah you got to post some pics up for people to see or you will be getting a lot of these popping up all over welcome to have you here!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
What happened to the OP and the pics???