1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

not new nust new to Tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by jamestommy1953, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Oct 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM
    jamestommy1953

jamestommy1953 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tommy
    geaorgia,washington
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma
    Just lights
    Have several questions. Wandering steering. Been ck by in 2the shops nothing worn out of specs. 2nd question. Foot pedal for gas acts like it is stuck. If I bump it or tap it the pedal works smoothly. The rim's move up as they should. 3rd question. Headlamps out of alignment. And are poor even with upgraded bulbs.:eek:

2. Oct 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to TW! We need more info on your truck. Is it lifted? Any mods done to it?

3. Oct 9, 2011 at 11:12 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG]Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV[​IMG]

4. Oct 10, 2011 at 4:13 AM
    jamestommy1953

jamestommy1953 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tommy
    geaorgia,washington
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma
    Just lights
    No mods. Tri has 150Kthe miles. Only change that been made is new headlamp bulbs.

5. Oct 10, 2011 at 5:16 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    Welcome to TW

6. Oct 10, 2011 at 5:32 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome!

7. Oct 10, 2011 at 6:24 AM
    Cypherian

Cypherian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Welcome,

The stuck gas pedal if I am reading that right is when you initially press down on it and as long as you don't let it return to full up it doesn't fetch up. You may want to check the throttle body linkage they get carbon build up on them and will cause a pedal to stick when the pedal is in the full up position. I have not had this prob on my Toyota Tacoma but did on my 1999 Chevy p/u and my 2002 Rav4. Took a quick shot of carb cleaner and fixed it right up for a year on the Chevy, just did it on the rav4 so no idea how long the fix lasts yet. On the wandering again no exp from a Toyota but from my youthful days lol I used to drag race had my 70 camaro do that tried everything frame check for cracks, alignment, bushings and joints, new tires, new rims etc etc. Till after two months of trying to figure it out I was under it again looking at the a arms for cracks, found the frame side motor mount on the passenger side was cracked at the rear from the bolt hole. From the front side you could not tell. Changed it out and tada wandering was gone. The quick way to find out if your wander is coming from motor or running gear is on a straight flat road with no one around. Get your truck up to 55 or 60 foot off the gas throw it in neutral if it's wandering from motor/tranny mount torque or gyroscope effect it will stop wandering. If it’s in the running gear it will still do it. This is all presuming you have check steering controls knuckles etc for breakage wear etc. As for the headlight get a body shop to check the mounts is my best suggestion, regular mechanics know the adjustments, but if the housing to frame adjustments have been screwed with by someone not knowing how to change a light bulb they might not catch that and no amount of regular adjustment would straighten it out. ( I could tell you the story of my father doing that to his 2003 chevy if you like LOL RTM FAILURE)

Hope this helps

Products Discussed in

To Top