Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

HID Bulb replacement.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
mshane06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Shane
mshane06's Tacoma Gallery
HID Bulb replacement.

Back in June i purchased some HIDs for my truck and i got the 6,000K bulb. I dont mind the blue tint that the bulb has, but i want a little brighter bulb. I have been looking at the 5,000K bulb with is the brightest that i have found. My question is: If i want to switch the 6,000K bulb to the 5,000K bulb, do i need to buy the entire kit or can i just purchase the bulb by itslef and replace it?

Any help would be grateful
Old 10-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Just replace the bulbs
Old 10-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshane06 View Post
Back in June i purchased some HIDs for my truck and i got the 6,000K bulb. I dont mind the blue tint that the bulb has, but i want a little brighter bulb. I have been looking at the 5,000K bulb with is the brightest that i have found. My question is: If i want to switch the 6,000K bulb to the 5,000K bulb, do i need to buy the entire kit or can i just purchase the bulb by itslef and replace it?

Any help would be grateful
It depends. Sometimes the bulbs can be the same price as a whole kit. Just depends where you buy from. I got mine from ddmtuning.com. Maybe check their website out and see what they have.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
4300K will give you the most useable light output.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:48 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 10-12-2011, 06:58 AM   #6
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
4300k is the most visible spectrum of light that the human eye can see. 5k is just as bright but, has no yellow any where in it's beam. meaning between the 2 4300 and 5k you will not notice a difference in brightness. those should be the only temp bulbs you should be looking at.

go to trs theretrofitsource.com matt or nate can hook you up their bulbs are listed for 40 bucks and are much better quality than an ebay special ddm or others. if your wanting the best the phillips bulbs are your best shot but they do get pricey they range from 100 a pair to 200 a pair.

who makes your ballast if it's a cheaper ballast get the morimoto bulbs you will love them they are very good quality.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Correct, and I have tried 4300, 5000, 6000 at 35 watts... this is in 8" Hella 4000 off road racing lamps.

I find 5000K the whitest/ brightest color of those three. I did notice a bit of yellow in the 4300s, and the 6000s were way way too blue (some said they looked like 8000K).

5000K was a perfect blend. However, mine are 'cheap' Chinese bulbs from GG Lighting and the light 'moves' or flickers after they warm up... As long as they don't fail, I can live with that.