LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Where to go for modifications.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
treppen is a jewel in the roughtreppen is a jewel in the roughtreppen is a jewel in the rough

treppen's Tacoma Gallery
Where to go for modifications.

Hello there, if you are reading this then thank you for taking the time. I got my first car when I was 13, a $600 1994 Toyota pickup. Since then I've been buying and selling cars, and once I sell the one I have I'll be ready to finally buy my Tacoma.
I'm at a bit of an advantage to most tacoma enthusiasts because my family owns a toyota dealership, but I could still use a lot of help.

I HAVE A QUESTION: Where is the place to go to get flawless modifications made? I've been looking at 4wheelparts, but I'd like to get some other opinions.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
jimmy12 is on a distinguished road

jimmy12's Tacoma Gallery
What particular modification are you looking for?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Stay very far away from 4wp.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
treppen is a jewel in the roughtreppen is a jewel in the roughtreppen is a jewel in the rough

treppen's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a 6'' lift and new tires (still undecided what kind).
Old 10-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Downsouth Motorsports, Offroad Warehouse, Wheelers or Toytec for the parts and a good local 4wd shop for the install. All those shops I mentioned are vendors on here.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #7
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
4wheel parts is pretty clueless. I know from personal experience. Pretty much any other shop that does things like lifts, tires, wheels, etc. is almost always working on the big four (fords, chevys, gmcs, and dodges). At least that is how it is here anyway. But they almost act like they don't even want to work on a toyota, like it's not "good" enough. And more importantly, they seem to know nothing about toyotas; just the big four.

Besides that, why don't you get your mods done at your family's dealership??? First of all, they should be pretty familiar with the tacoma inside and out at a toyota dealer's shop. So you will know that your stuff will be done good and right. Also, your family owns a dealership! You could probably get a discount on labor, which costs as much as the mod itself a lot of the time. I'm sure they would do pretty much any mod and you would know it's done right; lift, tires, wheels, exhaust, AV stuff, etc. Especially since your family owns it.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Stay very far away from 4wp.
Very far. Run. Run fast in the other direction.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Very far. Run. Run fast in the other direction.
Don't even live in the same state as one.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #10

treppen's Tacoma Gallery
I don't want to get the mods done at the dealership because even with family/employee discounts it could still be cheaper to go somewhere else. I may still stay at the dealership, but I'd like to look around first.

I'm going to use one of the vacant bays to do cosmetic/audio stuff myself, but I want to make sure the mechanical stuff is done right.

Is that why all of the rims are stacked UPSIDE DOWN so you can't see them in 4wp? I thought they were trying to prevent them getting damaged somehow, since the sales guy always put them back the same way after flipping them over.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #12
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TRDTaco10 View Post
Even if doing the work at your dealership will be more expensive, it's worth it in my opinion...you'll know for sure that the work was done right
Yeah...especially since your family owns it. If you have any issues they'll more than likely bend over backwards to keep the bosses kid happy and safe.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #13
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
The nearest shady tree in your yard. That's where I do all mine at.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #14
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Yeah...especially since your family owns it. If you have any issues they'll more than likely bend over backwards to keep the bosses kid happy and safe.
that what happens at my job over summer but i kind of hate that
Old 10-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #15
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Aloha!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #16
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 10-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #17
Hot Daym is a glorious beacon of lightHot Daym is a glorious beacon of lightHot Daym is a glorious beacon of lightHot Daym is a glorious beacon of lightHot Daym is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dave
Hot Daym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
The nearest shady tree in your yard. That's where I do all mine at.
and close to a well stocked fridge
Old 10-16-2011, 07:53 AM   #18

treppen's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the advice people, just got the price estimates back and staying at home is definately worth a little extra cash. THANK YOU for the advice about 4wp, I don't plan on going back there.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #19
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW .

The "Family business" may help in other ways....are they a TRD dealer or can you get "Prices" through them..???

During my '02s re-frame the master techs became my best friends due to their knowledge of the PRODUCT.....that will HELP you in your "Build"..

Just my 2 cents...and good luck !!!!