Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Wheel Bearing

Old 10-19-2011, 05:36 AM   #1
Nacho Taco is on a distinguished road
Nacho Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel Bearing

I have an 06 PreRunner with 93k miles mostly highway no off road stuff, started noticing a steady low roar that was consistent with my speed. Took to the place i get my tires, they said tires were fine I get them rotated regularly. Took it to my dealer said I had a bad left front wheel bearing quoted me over 500 to fix, I reluctantly agreed to do the work, the called me after they had it apart and said the whole wheel hub assembly should be replaced, no additional labor but part was 200 but they would split the diff with me and only charge an additional 100 bucks. Does any of this make since, I feel like I'm getting the run around.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
SENSE

did they explain why the entire hub has to be replaced? A new bearing can be pressed into the hub. $500 isn't a bad quote for a dealership price. You probably would have come out cheaper taking it to an independent shop. I avoid the dealership at all costs.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV