Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New tacoma owner, looking for mods

Old 06-24-2007, 08:57 AM   #1
beachbumjeremy is on a distinguished road
beachbumjeremy's Tacoma Gallery
New tacoma owner, looking for mods

Just bought my first tacoma, which is also my first toyota. I got an 07 access cab standard bed, 2.7L engine, 4 cyl. I already put on a tonneau cover for cargo reasons, wanting to know what else I can do cheaply to increase MPG's.
I've been reading about the intake, so i want to steer clear of K & N, but what is a good intake. The performance mods seem expensive, are they worth it. The whole exhaust seems pretty expensive too, is that worth it? I read someone said that the new tacomas come with good headers on them, but other people were saying they still changed them out.....I'm not very good with vehicles, I know a few basics, so take it easy on me please.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbumjeremy View Post
Just bought my first tacoma, which is also my first toyota. I got an 07 access cab standard bed, 2.7L engine, 4 cyl. I already put on a tonneau cover for cargo reasons, wanting to know what else I can do cheaply to increase MPG's.
I've been reading about the intake, so i want to steer clear of K & N, but what is a good intake. The performance mods seem expensive, are they worth it. The whole exhaust seems pretty expensive too, is that worth it? I read someone said that the new tacomas come with good headers on them, but other people were saying they still changed them out.....I'm not very good with vehicles, I know a few basics, so take it easy on me please.
welcome to tw!!! as far as intakes go,they dont really do a whole lot. ive got an airaid intake on mine, and i gained maybe 1 mile to the gallon with it. as far as exhaust, figure out what muffler you want(flowmaster,magnaflow, spintech,borla,etc.) and just get a shop to cut the stock muffler out,and weld in the new one,its the cheapest way to do it. probably wont gain alot from an exhaust, as its mainly for sound anyway.