Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

First Post and Question

Old 11-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Bremblefly is on a distinguished road

Bremblefly's Tacoma Gallery
First Post and Question

Just sold my Audi S4 for a new Tacoma and I'm already in love with it. I'm buying a house and wanted some extra cash as well as lower maintainence costs. Plus I'm 6'1" and tired of driving around in a car. Love this truck.

Something that is blowing my mind is that I can't find a single picture or video showing me where the air filter is on the truck. Not on Toyota's website, owners manual, youtube, or TW.

I'm sure it wouldn't take long to figure it out by poping the hood, but right now I have 2 people telling me its in 2 different locations. I want to replace the stock air filter and was wondering where the filter was.

Could anybody point me to a picture, how to video, or just a specific description to where it is, so I'm at least heading in the right direction.

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Follow the air tube to a box at the to of the engine. The filter is inside the box. The owners manual has pics and instructions on how to access the filter.

live via
Old 11-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Left side of engine, just look for the clips on the top. I'm pretty sure 2gens have a long rectangular filter.
Great looking truck BTW!!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #4

Awesome, thanks for the pic.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
See that triangular-ish black plastic box in the upper left corner of the photo? That's where the primary and secondary air filters go. There are 2 metal clips that you simply pop off towards the bottom of that triangle box, then you will have access to the air filter.

The filter you want to replace will come out easily, and I believe is on the engine-side of the filter housing. If you are tugging on it, trying to pull it out with pliers, you've got the wrong filter.

That being said, air filters and intakes don't seem to make nearly as much difference with these motors as say, they may have on your S4. It won't hurt anything but your wallet, but may give you some peace of mind?

Old 11-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #7

Thanks for the help and pic. I'll keep that in mind about the new filter.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #8
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw!! sweet truck man
Old 11-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #9
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
same as the rest of ours

undo those 2 clips just past the intake hose (accordian lookin thing)

this IS a 2012

I'm sorry to thread jack real quick but....I was told that they added some emissions crap on or around the air filter...I'm guessing it's that thing right above the wiper fluid and the air tube below the abs pump...
Old 11-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Aloha!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #11
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 09-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #12
hcar 77 is on a distinguished road
hcar 77's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1998 tacoma v6 auto 4x4 with 160000 miles. having trouble starting when hot with no particular pattern. I've replaced the starter(new) and the starter relay and still have same problem. The only other part i can think of is the neutral safety switch. Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks, hcar77
Old 10-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #13
nizamshafiullah is on a distinguished road
Name: NIZAM
nizamshafiullah's Tacoma Gallery
transmission

hava a2005 tacoma with ws tranny with vibiration from stand still to 25/30 mph them smoothen out as it get hotter vibira
tion get worst
Old 10-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #14
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizamshafiullah View Post
hava a2005 tacoma with ws tranny with vibiration from stand still to 25/30 mph them smoothen out as it get hotter vibira
tion get worst
Hi... Welcome to TW

Click here for the search function: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/search.php

Look for vibration posts in the 2gen forum as well
Old 10-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #15
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome...nice looking truck!!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #16
2014 5 lugger 2.5
econdor031 is on a distinguished road

Name: eric
econdor031's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a 2014 tacoma 4x2 basic as can be with these little baby tires. Any suggestions on a tire that I can put on to massively beef it up a bit with no rubbing? I'd like a but bigger than trd tires
Old 04-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #17
SteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the site and great looking truck... Super White TRD Sport FTW!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #18
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by econdor031 View Post
I just bought a 2014 tacoma 4x2 basic as can be with these little baby tires. Any suggestions on a tire that I can put on to massively beef it up a bit with no rubbing? I'd like a but bigger than trd tires
There is a section for tires for that would be able to answer your question better
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
Welcome to the site and great looking truck... Super White TRD Sport FTW!
this thread is 2 1/2 years old lol
Old 04-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #19
SteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
this thread is 2 1/2 years old lol
Damnit... I get so excited when I see something on the front page lol