Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

NEW MEMBER IN SOUTH FLORIDA

Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
Colombiarunner is on a distinguished road

Name: johnny
Colombiarunner's Tacoma Gallery
NEW MEMBER IN SOUTH FLORIDA

After getting jerked around about a friend of a friend selling his Tacoma, and me moving back to the U.S. and needing a vehicle, and after the friend not being able to start it, and after it sat in his driveway for almost two years, he said that he would accept the original price that I was quoted 6 months ago when I had thought that it was running.

Once I actually pay for it and have it in my possession, I will post the details of the vehicle, price etc.

Since I moved back to the U.S, I haven't had a vehicle, and been using mass transit to get to work which has been good, but getting to the gym nearly impossible.

Looking forward to doing it in one of these as it seems like one of the best vehicles on the road.

Looking through the various pics on the site, I can't wait to get into mine, and personalize it.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone.

-JohhnyG
Old 11-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Aloha!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 11-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #6

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Thanks Guys!!
I didn't think I was going to be able to get it until like December because I did not have all of the money, but now the guy is even going to take payments, on TOP of getting it for a great price which I will not post until I actually do the deal, and post the before pics.

I just remembered though that the guy had sent me a pic about 5 months ago.

I have not owned a vehicle since 2008, so this is going to be awesome!!
Attached Thumbnails
NEW MEMBER IN SOUTH FLORIDA-dscn0827-3-.jpg  
Old 11-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
looks clean man welcome to tw!
Old 11-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #8

my new 99 taco extended cab

So,
I did the deal this morning, and so now I have possession of my truck, but not at my house.

The guy sold it to me for only 1,500.00, and I gave him 700 dollars down, and I am going to pay him 400 in Dec. and the rest in January. (I have the title)

I didn't take any pics this morning, but it looks like it did in the first pic that I posted.

My mechanic met me there in the morning, because I knew that the truck didn't start.

It started with ether, but didn't stay running.

A couple of questions that I think that I already know the answer to but want to verify.

It sat for almost two years, and so is the fuel pump probably gone, or the strainer clogged with old tarred fuel, and if there is a filter, it may be that it is clogged with tarred fuel, but is the fuel filter in the tank, along with the pump?

There is a filter, correct?

In the tank?

I haven't had a vehicle now in a few years, and I didn't need one because I was living in a big city in Colombia, but now, being back in the U.S. working 20 miles from home, and trying get to the gym, is a major p.i.a. using the bus system.

Thanks,

CR
Attached Thumbnails
NEW MEMBER IN SOUTH FLORIDA-dscn0827-3-.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #9

just answered my own question by doing some research after the post

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...99-tacoma.html

Gotta love the forum..
Old 11-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #11