1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Possible future owner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by 11pro4sux, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Nov 20, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    11pro4sux

11pro4sux [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    seth
    omaha,ne
    Vehicle:
    2011 frontier pro4x
    Hey tacoma world!As you can see I have a 2011 pro4x black crewcab its loaded leather the whole nine.Got it for 26k sticker was 33 so cant complain about the price.I really wanted a manual they did not have one and there is not one for 600 miles from here.Man I dont know about the tacoma autos but nissan autos are sooooo boring to drive this truck shifts into overdrive at 30 mph so its hunting for gears a lot.I did test drice it but some things are not noticed until driven daily.I have had the truck for about 4 months now.Nissan just started making the manual pro4x crew this year,but they are very very rare.So I asked about ordering one and they pretty much said they get what they get.If they make manuals they should have a couple on the lot,they had 36 frontiers and not one manual even the four banger was a auto!And no dealers in town have manuals let alone pro4x's.I did look at the tacomas before buying the frontier but the two toyota dealers I went to were not very helpful.So I swung by the yota dealer lastnight and what do ya know they had not one but three manuals in the exact setup I wanted to begin with.Looks like Toyota listens to there customers and provides options.I know most people want autos.The tacoma I liked sticker was 31,500 what have you guys paid for your trucks?(double cab TRD off road manual)I realize they dont discount them as much as nissans.

2. Nov 20, 2011 at 10:23 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Welcome. I think most get around 3k off the sticker on a 32k taco. I got a mine a bit less but that was with the college grad program also, thanks to my wife. If you graduated college in the last 2 years you can get an additional 1k off from Toyota, not from the dealer. Good luck!

3. Nov 20, 2011 at 10:23 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Welcome to the forums!!
    Always ask for invoice..... and that'll vary depending on the options you are getting, the financing you're doing, and trade-in.

Where they might give you an awesome deal on the price, they'll offer you virtually NOTHING on a trade in and it all equals out for them (but you think you got a good deal on the price).

You just gotta be careful. Research research research!

Five years ago, I had my 2004 Dodge Ram up for sale on www.cars.com. I had lowered the price to $19,000 but it just wasn't selling. It still had the factory 3/36 warranty on it. I went to Toyota - not wanting to trade the Dodge (for fear of the lowball price they'd give me)..... but was surprised, they bought my Ram for the listed $19,000. Gave me $3000 off the MSRP and there was NO LOAN. It was a cash sale. I think I made out pretty damn good!! (That dealership is frigin awesome!). Not only that, I saved a bunch on sales tax because I traded the Dodge in.

4. Nov 20, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    Surferdude

Surferdude Erich

Member:
    First Name:
    Erich
    Grayslake, il
    Vehicle:
    '11, DC SR5, 4x4
    ProEFX Tonneau cover, Coverking seat covers, Weathertech front floor liners, Coverking Cab Cover, Westin nerfs, in transit...
    Go to www.truecar.com to see the actual invoice pricing vs. MSRP, dealer holdbacks, prices on options, everything.

Take that to dealership and you'll get the best price.

Mine was $27,100 but it's auto and not TRD. Left the dealership at about $29,500 tax, title everything.

5. Nov 21, 2011 at 9:31 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG]Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV[​IMG]

Products Discussed in