Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Member from Brandon, MS...QUESTIONS!!!!

Old 11-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
reservoirreb is on a distinguished road
reservoirreb's Tacoma Gallery
New Member from Brandon, MS...QUESTIONS!!!!

I am new to this site, but not to the Tacoma. I have owned 2 Tacos in my life (98, and 2002 models) and absolutely loved both of the vehicles. I have been driving a car for the past 5 years and really miss my old tacoma BIG TIME. I have been looking at several different trucks over the last several weeks (including the Tundra) trying to figure out exactly what I want. I really like the look of the Tacoma TRD Sport Crew Cab and I don't really need a 4x4.

Anyway, I have some questions:

- When, if ever, does Toyota offer decent rebates or incentives on the new Tacoma?

- What are everyone's thoughts on the TRD Sport Tacoma?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
they dont really offer incentives, its the top selling mid size truck so they dont really need to offer incentives. and the sports are good trucks, the suspension is not quite as good as the trd offroad, and they dont have the locking rear differential, the bumpers are color matched and it has a SCOOP!! lol
Old 11-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Are you looking just for bed use ?
Old 11-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
reservoirreb is on a distinguished road
reservoirreb's Tacoma Gallery
I mainly just like the look of the TRD Sport

I won't be doing any off roading. Mainly will just be using the truck for anything and everything that needs to be done. I will probably be towing some in the future.

I just really like the look of the Sport versus some of the other trucks I have looked at.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by reservoirreb View Post
I won't be doing any off roading. Mainly will just be using the truck for anything and everything that needs to be done. I will probably be towing some in the future.

I just really like the look of the Sport versus some of the other trucks I have looked at.
Get the sport for sure then, no stupid electronic traction control stuff to break and they look better IMO. Only thing is the open rear diff but you said no offroading so no biggie.

Welcome to TW!
Old 11-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 11-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Welcome to the board.

I would say you are better suited to get the Sport if you aren't planning on off roading. The street tires, bigger sway bar, linear springs all help with road manners and ride comfort for the driving style you seem like you will have. If you like the look for the truck (color match trim and scoop) and it's good for your driving habits- probably the right way to go when you purchase.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #8
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Get the sport for sure then, no stupid electronic traction control stuff to break and they look better IMO. Only thing is the open rear diff but you said no offroading so no biggie.

Welcome to TW!
It will have VSC if it's an 09 or newer