Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

new member saying Hi!

Old 06-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
new member saying Hi!

Just registered here and wanted to drop a line to say hi. Got a '99 Taco PreRunner V6 with various mods, as you can tell in my sig. Hope to contribute a great deal to this forum.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the group!
Old 06-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Just registered here and wanted to drop a line to say hi. Got a '99 Taco PreRunner V6 with various mods, as you can tell in my sig. Hope to contribute a great deal to this forum.
welcome to tw!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:19 AM   #4
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW nice screen logo
Old 06-29-2007, 10:33 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Welcome to TW!

What do you think of your TrueFlow Airfilter? Does it do a better job than K&N, AFE, or WIX drop-ins?

I am looking for a good high-flow drop in.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I love the TrueFlow filter. I had the K&N before that and it would gunk up the MAF sensor and the had a fine film of crap on the interior of the intake tube. After I found about that I pulled it out immediately and bought the TF filter, happy ever since. The K&N uses a gauze type element and if you hold it up to bright light you can actually see how porous it is. The TF uses a dual stage foam element which traps dirt better and flow better as well. I just wish Amsoil would have come out with their MicroFiber filter for the V6.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Thanks. That is exactly the problem I had with the K&N. It was frustrating. I will have to see if TrueFlow makes one for my 2.7L...
Old 06-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #8
bite me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Thanks. That is exactly the problem I had with the K&N. It was frustrating. I will have to see if TrueFlow makes one for my 2.7L...
They do, you can buy one here from Jason. I didn't buy mine from him, but many have and I hear he's a great guy to deal with.

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoo...truflo_95u_4cy
Old 06-30-2007, 06:08 PM   #9
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info humanoid. hate to say i told you so to k&n owners i did my research that's why i stuck to my stock filter but i guess i have to do some research on your recommended filter.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #10
bite me

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
They do, you can buy one here from Jason. I didn't buy mine from him, but many have and I hear he's a great guy to deal with.

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoo...truflo_95u_4cy
My bad, these are for the previous generation Tacos.