Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Access Cab and a Car Seat

Old 12-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
jonear12 is on a distinguished road
jonear12's Tacoma Gallery
Access Cab and a Car Seat

Does anybody know if a baby's car seat can be used in the back seat of an access cab, not a double cab. I'm not interested in buying a double cab because because of the shorter box and the DCLB is too long for me (parking restrictions).

I know there are built in car seat anchor points in most seats, but I'm thinking that they would not build those into a jump seat.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, if anyone was interested in eyeing there own access cab back seat (yet to buy my own truck) to see if those anchor points DO exist, I would be forever grateful.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonear12 View Post
Does anybody know if a baby's car seat can be used in the back seat of an access cab, not a double cab. I'm not interested in buying a double cab because because of the shorter box and the DCLB is too long for me (parking restrictions).

I know there are built in car seat anchor points in most seats, but I'm thinking that they would not build those into a jump seat.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, if anyone was interested in eyeing there own access cab back seat (yet to buy my own truck) to see if those anchor points DO exist, I would be forever grateful.
wrong sub forum...
I once put a child seat in the back of my access cab 1st gen... just used the seat belt latch in method though...
This is why I bought a DCSB... two kids & no room in access cab.
Welcome to TW!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
2011supercoma is on a distinguished road
Name: capt. schyler
2011supercoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just sold my access cab taco and got a dbl cab taco. They are there, trust me I used them for over a yr. That's when I got tired of not having enough room in my truck. Plus i was always having to adjust the front pass seat fold It down when no ones riding with you and up when they are and have the baby back there with no room. Plus its hard to fit 3 adults and a baby in that truck, that's y I traded mine in for a dbl cab.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
Thanks for the info.

Sorry about being in the "wrong sub forum"...I'm new to this and still getting familiarized. For future reference, where should I have posted this?
Old 12-11-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Probably in 2nd gen?

Anyway, I put my 6 year old nephew's booster seat behind me in there and he was fine.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
joesmith is on a distinguished road
joesmith's Tacoma Gallery
My 2005 AC has the car seat tether anchors in the back seats. We fit the car seat in the back just fine, right now it is rear facing so the passenger seat has to slide forward just a bit, but not too much!
Old 12-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #7
Yeah, it would be in a 2012. As long as the front seat can be moved up a little bit and everything fits, I'm happy.

Welcome joesmith and 2011supercoma. Thanks for your input. I would being using the seat infrequently and most likely for short trips with one other adult (my wife). Other than those rare occasions, I will be using my truck solo so it's hard to justify a DC. Sounds like it should work.

@babytruck - Are you saying I should have posted this in 2nd gen. or asking me if the car seat would be in a 2nd gen.?
Old 12-12-2011, 04:44 AM   #8
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
jonear12, I suggest taking your car seat to a Toyota dealership and "trying" an access cab on for size. Yes, the anchor points are there in the access cab rear seat. How the truck fits your useage is something only you can decide by actually looking for yourself.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #13
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
@babytruck - Are you saying I should have posted this in 2nd gen. or asking me if the car seat would be in a 2nd gen.?
I was asking if it was a 2nd gen. I have a 2010.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 12-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #15
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Bring the baby seat to the dealer. I think you might find the baby goes up front and the grown ups in back
Old 12-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #16
My daughter would be around 8 months when I get the truck. When I say it would be a rare occasion for me to put a seat back there, I'm talking once a month maybe. Most of the time I would put the seat in the front seat (facing backwards) with the airbag turned off. I guess that if it is going to be so rare an occasion, I would be better off stuffing the wife in back!

Thanks for the suggestion about checking into the legality of placing a car seat in the back. Legality aside, I want to do what is safest for my daughter.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My daughter would be around 8 months when I get the truck. When I say it would be a rare occasion for me to put a seat back there, I'm talking once a month maybe. Most of the time I would put the seat in the front seat (facing backwards) with the airbag turned off. I guess that if it is going to be so rare an occasion, I would be better off stuffing the wife in back!

Thanks for the suggestion about checking into the legality of placing a car seat in the back. Legality aside, I want to do what is safest for my daughter.
Safe is best. Legal is good too. You never know when troopers might be on safety ticked rush.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
n00b
peterj is on a distinguished road
Name: Pj
peterj's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdpowell View Post
Safe is best. Legal is good too. You never know when troopers might be on safety ticked rush.
^ I never thought about that. I'm looking for proper installation instructions for my 2007 Access Cab, since we just had a baby. I have the newest child seat configuration, a Chicco Keyfit 30 docking system and it doesn't fit quite right no matter which system I use, mounting brackets or lap belt. We had the car seat dock installed in my wife's car at the Rady's Childrens Hospital weekly car seat install class.

Gonna, take the Taco in this week. We'll see what the CHP say.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #19
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
Booster seat is fine. Infant seat with base in the rear I never tried. I never felt it was secure enough. I put the infant seat up front and shut off the airbag. I only drove less than a mile home from day care, but never felt super comfortable with it. Upgraded to double cab, fit is perfect with baby seat on one side, booster behind driver. I miss the long box, but vehicle length isn't noticeable
Old 09-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #20
MD bound!
SpE3dF0x is on a distinguished road
Name: Fox
SpE3dF0x's Tacoma Gallery
Well I'm in the same boat kinda. How do you hook the car seat. Before small faced back no problem. But, now. He doesn't fit access can facing rear anymore his feat are crammed up. So, how do I install his convertible seat? ANY HELP much obliged!