Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Switch from Xterra to Tacoma, glad I did!

Old 12-31-2011, 04:42 AM   #1
Mr Souc is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
Mr Souc's Tacoma Gallery
Switch from Xterra to Tacoma, glad I did!

Hey everyone!

After years on the side lines I have finally entered into the Tacoma world!

Earlier this year, I had a 2005 Ram 1500, 5.7 HEMI, 2" lift, 37"x12.5" BFGs Flowmaster super 44 cat-back exhaust, and a bunch of MOPAR stuff under the hood, bla bla.... It was a NICE truck, but I never used it like a truck. I would tow our pop up camper with it but you could tow that with a tricycle if you wanted to. The Ram was just a loud nasty big ass truck and I needed something better on gas and less obnoxious. So, I started to look at Tacoma's and Xterra's as an option to switch from the dodge to. Long story short, all used Tacoma's with the SR5 trim and TRD package (had to have) were all out of my budget. Damn things hold their value! So I went with the Xterra. And for all of you that own houses and don't have a truck or access to a truck know how tough it can be trying to do stuff around the house without a truck. So the Xterra didn't quite cut it. I also am quite active outside and the Xterra was not all the great off road. I had the SE package so it wasn't really geared to "beat on" and get in to those deep, far out fishing spots or good kayak areas.

So, I just traded the Xterra in for what I should have gone with in the first place, a 2005 SR5 TRD Tacoma double cab. Just hit 78k miles with it yesterday and absolutely loving it. Found one that already has the Pop Lock on the tailgate, and a hard bed cover as well as the stock roof rack. All must haves for me!

I just wanted to say that this is a great community, I have already used the help and DIY section to fix my overhead compass and temp display as well as the aftermarket radio install issue with your dash gauge lights not working after installing a head deck. THANKS!

So here I am, another member and happy Tacoma owner!

Side note: I bought a set of 275/70/16 BFGs for the Xterra only a few months before trading it in and I got the dealership to swap them on to the Tacoma before I signed the papers for the truck. Small victory there and they look nice. If only they were bigger...

Cheers!

-Joel

My new truck:

Old 12-31-2011, 04:44 AM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 12-31-2011, 04:53 AM   #3
fuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to behold
fuzz master's Tacoma Gallery
greetings and welcome the madness
Old 12-31-2011, 04:58 AM   #4
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck! Congrats and welcome!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:13 AM   #5
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
welcome, theres always answers to most of your questions here
Old 12-31-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Good swap. Very nice looking taco! Welcome to TW.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:40 AM   #8
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
that thing looks brand new! congrats on the purchase, you'll love it!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:45 AM   #9
feldman28 is on a distinguished road

Name: chris
feldman28's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck welcome to tw
Old 12-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #10
kogary is on a distinguished road
kogary's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, very nice truck! I really like that color red.

Welcome to Tacoma World
Old 01-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #11
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV