Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

From a Titan to a Tacoma and loving the switch

Old 01-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
jdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of light
jdm.obp's Tacoma Gallery
From a Titan to a Tacoma and loving the switch

Hey whats up TW? Just bought myself a '12 DCSB Prerunner. This replaced my gas guzzling Titan which was totaled by my bro a few months ago. I guess he kind of did me a favor as gas was killing me on that thing. There was no question about it that I was going with a Taco as my next truck/toy. I was originally seeing if I can get a deal on an '11 as the '12s were coming in. But no dealer within a 100 miles of me had a DCSB in stock, it was either access cab or reg cab. I have an appointment to have a 3" procomp lift installed next week and am still deciding on wheels and tires. Just thought I'd intro myself to the forums. Hope to have my truck looking as good as most on here.

my old Titan:

New Taco:

Only thing done is 5% tint all around including entire windshield. I still have the wheels off the Titan which are 20x9 xD Hoss wheels on 305/55/20 Terra Graps. I know these will be huge for the Tacoma but I will test fit these once my lift is installed. But ideally will probably end up going with 18's on 285/60/18.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on the switch, good looking taco.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #5
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin truck! and welcome to TW!
Old 01-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #7
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from NV! Great looking truck!
Old 01-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #8
Lgs79 is on a distinguished road
Name: Luis
Lgs79's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! I just gotta get used to the new front end.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammn5 View Post
how's the power difference b/t the two trucks?
70-80ish HP if I recall. I think the Titan was putting down 315hp.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
jdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of light
jdm.obp's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I hope to learn a lot from this forum. I'm loving this forum way more than any Titan forum, tons of helpful tips and how-to's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammn5 View Post
how's the power difference b/t the two trucks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
70-80ish HP if I recall. I think the Titan was putting down 315hp.
My Titan had Volant intake and Banks monster exhaust, sounded beast. So I lost a lot of power switching from an 8 to a 6, but I'm saving a crapload on gas and looking good while doing it. Loved the tq the Titan had, but I love the looks of my Tacoma 10000000x more and thats all that matters to me and my wallet.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #12
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Good choice on making the switch...
Old 01-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
welcome from az
Old 01-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #15
g35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet Truck and color. Welcome to awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #17
jcarlson is on a distinguished road
jcarlson's Tacoma Gallery
welcome and let us know how you like the 3" pro comp i'm still undecided on the pro comp or the toytec bilstein
Old 01-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #18
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Titan before my Tacoma. I miss the power but that's it!
Old 01-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #19
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. You'll love it here. Everything else is just a message board.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #20
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, just picked up my 2012 a few weeks ago from Delray Toyota. Good choice on color, btw. Where in South Florida are you?