Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

2000 tacoma

Old 01-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
poseytaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Nicholas
poseytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Smile 2000 tacoma

I'm a new member to this forum, but have used it for advice for many years. Finally got around to joining. I bought a 99 taco back in 2002. After diving it for a few years I realized how much I enjoyed it. I did a lot of camping and climbing at the time and was amazed by where I could take it. It was a completely stock reg. cab 4x4, but normally I would have to haul my buddies to all the places their trucks couldn't make it to. I thought I would keep that truck for the rest of my life. In late October of this year I received a letter from Toyota about the dreaded frame rust issue. Before scheduling my appointment I checked the frame myself and found nothing more than regular surface rust. Minimal in my opinion considering what I had put my truck through for the last ten years, but decided to let the experts inspect it. A few hours after taking it to the dealership for inspection I got the FAILED frame call. I was devastated. The dealership informed me that Toyota corporate would be contacting me with details on my options. Long story short. Toyota bought my truck back at a very fair price. I needed a new vehicle. It never crossed my mind to buy anything other than a Tacoma. I wanted the exact same truck that I had. Even though Toyota failed my truck, there was no doubt in my mind that I could have driven that truck for another ten years. With that said I set out to find another one. Only filters on my search were: low miles, between yrs. 98-2000, manual, and reg. Cab. It only took me 2 months to find a truck to meet that criteria. I bought a 2000 reg cab, super low miles, even the same color as my old one. This truck is in a lot better shape than my 99 when I bought it in 2002. The frame was inspected in June and passed with flying colors. It was also undercoated. The only thing different was the transmission, auto. I was unsure about the auto because I had been so used to the manual. So far so good with the auto. Hopefully it will be as good offroad as my old manual. I do like having a free hand though. Thanks for having me on this forum. I look forward to many posts..
Old 01-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
TacomaCowboy is on a distinguished road

Name: robert
TacomaCowboy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a manual in my crawler, but all my attention is dedicated to driving and i like the challenge (smell of clutch), but i loved my auto trans in the 2000 taco. was great for spot lighting
Old 01-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:28 AM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
poseytaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Nicholas
poseytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 05-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #9
leftytaco is on a distinguished road
leftytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Found the factory color code on the door jamb and found my color.
My 2000 Tacoma is Horizon Blue Metallic. It actually looks kind of purple. is this a 'rare' color ? Anyone have one this color?
Old 05-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #10
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
2000 tacoma

Welcome!

Edit: 2 years late 😁