LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New, saying hi

Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
jklimek is on a distinguished road
jklimek's Tacoma Gallery
New, saying hi

New here, just saying HI. I currently own a 1998 4runner that I'm in love with, but its on its last leg. It breaks my heart to see her go, but she's looking pretty rough right now. I've bee looking into 2nd gen tacoma. I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to the vehicle I want, 4X4 double cab LONGBED. Don't know why, but the longbed are a lot more appealing than the shortbeds.

Any input of the difference in the two?
Old 01-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The DC long bed is more functional for hauling, but the wheelbase will be too long to do much technical offroading. If the extra length doesnt bother you for parking and daily driving, or offroading, then get the long bed!

Welcome to TW btw.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Do you hate the hood scoop like some people? If you get a 4x4 long bed it will be the sport edition.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
Do you hate the hood scoop like some people? If you get a 4x4 long bed it will be the sport edition.
...or not a TRD package at all.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #6
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
...or not a TRD package at all.
Indeed. it's getting late I need sleep. Thank you.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #7
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #8
Milkandoreos is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
Milkandoreos's Tacoma Gallery
Long bed!

Hi, and welcome to TW, I am new here too.

I just bought a truck that fits that description, 4x4 long bed double cab TRD sport , and I wouldnt have it any other way. Its a multipurpose vehicle. The cab fits everyone I want to take with me, comfortable. The long bed also fits anything I want to haul, dirt bikes, street bikes, firewood, all sorts of stuff. Ive had my truck for a year and I have had all sorts of things from 1000lb fire proof filing cabinets to being packed with furniture when my friends move, its proved very usefull.

The only thing I was skeptical about was the fact the beds on the new ones are pretty much plastic or some sort of "space age plastic" , its worked out pretty good though. Those filing caibnets were heavy, loaded and unloaded with forklifts , but my truck proved succesful in moving them.

Plus the other thing is the short beds with double cabs look funny, its like they forgot the rest of the truck, just didnt sit right with me.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents , hope it helps.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #9
medictrack will become famous soon enoughmedictrack will become famous soon enough
Name: Bill
medictrack's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 01-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #12
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
Indeed. it's getting late I need sleep. Thank you.
Second that . Welcomeeee to TacoWorld man. Hopefully they have all the answers ya need. Cause I dont haha
Old 01-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #13
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #14
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from NV!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #15
Inkjet Fred is on a distinguished road

Army: To long ago to remember
Name: Jim
Inkjet Fred's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 01-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #16
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV