Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

How much for a 30.000 mile service

Old 01-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
moby is on a distinguished road
moby's Tacoma Gallery
Question How much for a 30.000 mile service

Its time for my first Major service on my 09 taco. What would be a reasonable price from the Dealership?
Old 01-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
If you are planning to take it to the dealer expect to spend between 350-400 dollars. I'm going to do the plugs myself but will probably take it in to get the diffs and transfer case serviced. If you do decide to take it to the dealer make sure to nail down with the service advisor exactly what work will be performed and the exact cost.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
If you are planning to take it to the dealer expect to spend between 350-400 dollars. I'm going to do the plugs myself but will probably take it in to get the diffs and transfer case serviced. If you do decide to take it to the dealer make sure to nail down with the service advisor exactly what work will be performed and the exact cost.
FWIW, swapping the plugs is more involved than changing the fluid in the diffs and x-fer case. They're a simple drain and refill. Right on with the price though, maybe less for a Prerunner.

OP, not worth it taking it to the dealership in my opinion. You'll spend $50-60 +/- in parts/oils and will only take a couple hours worth of time to do it yourself. You have a prerunner so you don't have to mess with a transfer case or the front differential.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from SoCal!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
I don't know, I'm not there yet.