Notices

Looking to buy my first Toyota

Old 01-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
Barry70Stang is on a distinguished road
Name: Barry
Barry70Stang's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to buy my first Toyota

Hi Guys, and Gals!

I'm new to the forum, and I've never owned a Toyota pickup. My wife did have an 02 4runner, so I'm not completely unfamiliar with Toyota. I wrecked my sons truck last week, so I'm going to pass my Z71 on to him and buy me a new truck. With one kid in college and the other headed there next year, I'm considering a regular cab tacoma 4x4. My only reservation is it looks like (from my internet research) that the regular cab doesn't have bucket seats and doesn't come in the SR5 package. Is that correct? Do I have to step up to the access cab to get the niceties (Electric locks, windows, cruise control, etc.)?

Thanks for any help!

Barry
Old 01-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from SoCal! Having owned both the regular cab (no SR5) and the access cab SR5, I would suggest stepping up to the access cab. Storage space behind the seat is nice, not to mention the amenities that come with the SR5 package. That said, I don't know if the SR5 package is currently available for the regular cab or not. Let us know what you decide.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Yes the RCs don't come with a lot of the goodies you can get with the AC or DC.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Get an access cab... It's nice to be able to recline your seat, even a little.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
Barry70Stang is on a distinguished road
Name: Barry
Barry70Stang's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the advice guys, I think I will go ahead and bite the bullet and get the access cab with the SR5 package. I will keep this truck for a long time, so the added expense will be justified easily. I'm trying to get the strength to go truck shopping, been sick all night after what Alabama did to LSU last night
Old 01-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
It sounds like you got a plan & already are bumping up to the AC!
Watch out though you hang around here
the next thing that happens is your truck is lifted w/ 5100s all around,
ARB bumpers, homertaco's grill w/ lights behind it, added D-Rings,
a bed mat, an Undercover, Mr Marv subs,
BAMF skids & NFABS.
Runnnnnnnnn or hide the wallet
just j/k
Enjoy the truck post up pics when you get it what color??