Notices

pros/cons re access cab/4 door Taco?

Old 01-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
Banned
Alley Oop is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
Alley Oop's Tacoma Gallery
pros/cons re access cab/4 door Taco?

I'm considering buying a 2nd gen Taco. Anybody have any big positives or negatives re access cab and/or 4 door Taco. I'm leaning toward the access cab because of the longer box and because I usually travel with one just one other person. Thanks in advance.
Mark
Old 01-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 01-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
FYI, you can get a double cab with a long bed, just not the TRD Off Road. I like the room with the double cab, my biggest gripe about the interior is the lack of storage under and behind the rear seats. Otherwise, it's comfortable for 4 adults to travel in the double cab.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
Banned
I know it's a personal preference most of the time, but every now and then there can be some significant issues with one design or the other. I'm trying to get as many ducks in a row as possible before I buy my first Taco.
Thanks for the input Mike.
Mark
Old 01-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
If I could do it over I would get the DCSB. That being said, I am probably going to get a cap which will solve most of my problems.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
The biggest positive is that when you go out with other people, you don't have to drive because you don't have the room. The biggest downfall is also that when you need to drive other people, there isn't much room.

I have the access cab and I like it. There is sufficient room for all of your stuff and things as well as good storage space. It's easier to parallel park cause its shorter and has the regular size bed (granted the DCSB is roughly the same size, but I like having a longer bed for moving stuff).

Other than the "not enough room for 4 people" argument, I can't really think of any cons in direct reference to the amount of space there is. If you aren't going to be driving people around, then get the access cab (btw, kids and pets fit back there just fine). If you think you are going to need more space for transporting people, then get the DC.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #8
St. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
St. Swervus's Tacoma Gallery
I have two kids so I'm biased towards the DC, but...when I was looking for my first truck(stupid Dodge) I asked around too. The consensus was what will you be hauling? Stuff that needs to go inside, or in the bed? Getting groceries and gear in a DC is easier. Especially with your hands full. And if you do need to take people the Dc is easier. I've got a DC with a topper and love it!! Also seems to be plenty of under/behind seat storage in mine. Good luck! Hmmm...I wonder if it's easier to re-sell or trade in a DC?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
2005 TRD SPORT DCLB! Room for 5, Home Depot Run, and lots of FUNNNNNN!!!!

Old 02-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #10
Banned
please ignore, trying to upload pic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 02-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #11
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
There is a Test Area for "trying" stuff. That's where your last post ended up:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tes...-post-pic.html
Old 02-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #12
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck
Old 02-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #13
Banned
this Ford is for sale, pic should finally show

I just put my truck for sale on Craig's list and Buy/Sell. Heres the pic courtesy of imageshack
Old 02-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #14
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
Banned
I think my Firefox browser at my res computer is corrupted, it would not upload a pic. I managed to upload my pic with my office computer (windows explorer) with no problem. If you're having trouble uploading pics, maybe it's the browser.
Mark
Old 02-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
Banned
Come on Sarah, it's for a good cause, i.e. buying a Taco.
Mark
Old 02-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #17
The Messiah
tacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomatrd99's Tacoma Gallery
You do realize this is TACOMA World right?
Old 02-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #18
Deltabox's Better Half

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley Oop View Post
Come on Sarah, it's for a good cause, i.e. buying a Taco.
Mark
I don't have an issue with you selling a non-Tacoma. However, there are rules to this forum. As stated at the top, the New Members section is for INTRODUCTIONS ONLY. There is no reason to post three separate threads for one picture.

There is a Test Area if you are unsure how to post things.

There is a Buy / Sell / Trade section with its own rules.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #19
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a great looking truck, why you selling it? What you want for it? I would probably buy it, but am already working on a 67 F250 for hard work around the house such as plowing snow and what not
Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #20
aka Alley Opp,
undermoneyed is just really niceundermoneyed is just really niceundermoneyed is just really niceundermoneyed is just really nice

undermoneyed's Tacoma Gallery
Sarah, I got the message.
Mark