Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

lotsa glitches ??

Old 01-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
Ozzie64 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
Ozzie64's Tacoma Gallery
lotsa glitches ??

Hi All.. new to TW Ive had my 11 trd sport dc for about 6 mos.. love the truck but have a couple issues ..hoping someone can help out.. at around 70-80 miles an hour i get a ticking sound like somethings vibrating against the windshield.. I had a remote starter installed right after I bought it and thought it was an install issue.. but cant seem to figure it out.. annoying as hell .. Id like to put a decent bull bar on it any suggestions on brand style ect..
Old 01-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
From Oxford, Mississippi welcome to the site!

I can't help from the discription you gave about the "ticking" noise. By reading the title I take you have other problems...what are they?
Old 01-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
medictrack will become famous soon enoughmedictrack will become famous soon enough
Name: Bill
medictrack's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 01-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Is this the sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFEMNAm5ARM

A heavy bullbar is a viable workaround because it weighs the front end down, increasing rake, which often changes aerodynamics enough to make the noise go away.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
Ozzie64's Tacoma Gallery
no

No sounds like that at all mine sounds like i have a gremlin under the dash who reaches up and taps the windshield with a pencil really fast. other issues are the plastics on the dash are easily scratched.. my dog (boston terrier) has it scratched (passenger side air bag cover) to hell looks terrible.. he did the same thing in my f-150 and never left a mark. and my speedo is off by about 3 mph at 70.. stock wheels and tires.. The clearcoat seems soft and easily marked..
I know these all sound petty and minor but they bug the hell out of me.. Im the kinda guy that'll keep the truck for many years.. just hate to have it look like crap in a short time, and that seems like the direction I'm headed. And before anyone says it.. The truck will go before the dog lol.. He rides in the front ..the wife in back
Old 01-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
welcome! where in upstate NY?

for the ticking id open the hood and see if there is anything lose by the firwall. if its speed related it may be wind related?

The dash scratches pretty easy, my wife likes to put her feet up there. I always say, I better not hit anything because the airbag shoving your knees into your face is going to hurt like a mofo!

if you go +1 for tire size like 265/75r16s the speedo will be dead accurate. Toyota is known for being 2-3% on the cautious side for speed rating.

I havent had an issue with the clear on my 2010. Other than the fact that ive scratched the hell out of it, but what ive done would scratch anything...
Old 01-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #7
Ozzie64's Tacoma Gallery
gonna wait for things to warm up

all the way upstate shouldve said northern ny..lol Ogdensburg NY (if I had a better arm I could throw a rock into canada..) Its hovering right around the zero mark today so Im gonna hold off on checking out the firewall for a day or two.. thanks for the info.. have you done any mods to your 2010.. Ive seen a few with a bull bar and it seems to dress them up nicely.. just dont want to pick the wrong one and have it look cheesy.. I'm also concerned about fitment issues with the stock skid plate.. the charts dont specify TRD specific applications.. do all the sr5's have a stock skidplate?
Old 01-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #8
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie64 View Post
all the way upstate shouldve said northern ny..lol Ogdensburg NY (if I had a better arm I could throw a rock into canada..) Its hovering right around the zero mark today so Im gonna hold off on checking out the firewall for a day or two.. thanks for the info.. have you done any mods to your 2010.. Ive seen a few with a bull bar and it seems to dress them up nicely.. just dont want to pick the wrong one and have it look cheesy.. I'm also concerned about fitment issues with the stock skid plate.. the charts dont specify TRD specific applications.. do all the sr5's have a stock skidplate?
eh im mostly stock lol

i hate bull bars. they really serve no purpose except looks. and thats mainly an opinion, unless you mean what ARB calls a bull bar. Which will stop just about anything
Old 01-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #9
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV