Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Oregonian Member.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
commando is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
commando's Tacoma Gallery
New Oregonian Member.

I got my Tacoma a few months ago and have been lurking a bit, but It is time to start getting some things done to the truck so I figured I had better register, so I can use the SEARCH function!

It's my first 4X4 truck and my first Toyota (I was a VW guy for years.) I do a lot of fishing/hunting and a lot of driving in the woods here in Oregon, so yeah, it's awesome. And I already hauled out a dead buck deer in the bed! (My friend shot him while we were bow hunting last fall.)

The new (to me) Tacoma is a 2006 4X4 double cab. It has 116K, it's black, and it came with a 3" spacer kit on it. I am not sure what kind exactly, but I was told it was bought and installed at Les Schwab. It has nearly bald 285/75/16's on it now, on stock rims.

One of the things I will be doing first, and very soon, is new tires and maybe new rims. My priorities are gas mileage and NO RUBBING!

The 285's rub on the UCA's just a bit and it is pretty annoying, because I have to do u-turns often in the woods on really narrow logging roads and I have to do a full crank on the steering wheel (which is when it rubs.)

So far, I've purchased some camo seat covers, some heavy duty floor mats, and some vent shades for it from Cabelas, and I have done 1 oil change and put new front brake pads on it.

I am looking forward to getting the rear leaf squeak fix, and the charcoal filter removal mod done, both of which I have learned about so far on here, TW!

It is looking pretty good right now, but it is in desperate need of new/smaller? tires, that don't rub!

I will post up a couple pics tomorrow when it's light out.

Oh, yeah, I got it for $15,000... and it's paid for.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Congrats on the truck!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #3
medictrack will become famous soon enoughmedictrack will become famous soon enough
Name: Bill
medictrack's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Colorado
Old 01-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
welcome
Old 01-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #5
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Our local BS area

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post4355571
Old 01-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Reno!
Lived in Oregon for 22 years though!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

if you dont care about new wheels, some spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers will eliminate your UCA rub with the 285s
Old 01-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #8
Pnicholas1019 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircrew (AWF)
Name: Parker
Pnicholas1019's Tacoma Gallery
heeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 01-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
if you dont care about new wheels, some spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers will eliminate your UCA rub with the 285s
Do this! Don't get the cheap ones at Autozone, they will give you vibes.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by medictrack View Post
Welcome from Colorado
Thanks! I actually lived in Colorado about 10 years ago. Alma, Leadville, and Dillon Valley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
welcome
Thanks! I also lived in Ptown for a while, but am down in the Salem area now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Welcome from Reno!
Lived in Oregon for 22 years though!
Thanks! I never lived in Nevada though, sorry.
EDIT: I just saw your bumpers...WOW.

Thanks for the tire info guys. My 285's are toast so I am basically at a good point to completely start over with any size tire or rim I want. I will be reading the offset/tire size threads for the next few days trying to decide what route I want to take. I would kind of like to stick with the 285 size, because I am worried the 265's will look small with the lift and all. I guess I am shopping for new rims too then eh?

I am a bit leery of spacers!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #11

If you go with aftermarket wheels, look for the specs to be around these:
8" width wheels> 4.0-4.5" BS (-12mm to 0 mm offset)
9" width wheels> 4.5-5" BS (-12mm to 0mm offset)

And glad ya like my bumpers!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:45 AM   #13
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Beaverton!
Old 01-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #15

Here it is...

Old 01-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #16
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV