Old 01-14-2012, 04:40 AM   #1
cali is on a distinguished road
Name: john
cali's Tacoma Gallery
2007 double cab

vibbration at 5-10 mph please help:
Old 01-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 01-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
like whole truck vibration?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Drive faster

Seriously though, could be a range of things. Are you lifted? New tires recently? Unevenly worn tires just rotated? Did it start all of the sudden or right after you just had some work done on the truck?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
cali's Tacoma Gallery
i had a bad center bearing .replaced that with 3 u-joints still have vibs do i need toytecs drop kit ! my truck has 3 inch revtec lift
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #6
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

I would get the drop kit if you are 4X4
Old 01-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have play in the front end, like if you jack up one of the tires off the ground, do you have wheel bearing play? Where do you feel the vibration, in the steering wheel or through the floor boards? Did anything change when you swapped the Ujoints? Do you have vibes at any other speed? Is it just accelerating from 5 - 10 or also when you slow down from 10 - 5? Internet diagnosis is sketchy at best, the more information you can give, the more help the members will be able to give you.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #8
cali's Tacoma Gallery
I feel vibes in floor board and seat
Old 01-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #9
cali's Tacoma Gallery
Only accelerating 5-10
Old 01-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If you used blocks in the rear, it could be as simple as axle wrap. Do you have a lot of play in the carrier bearing (or was the carrier bearing replaced when you did the u-joints?). Check the torque on all your bolts, u-bolts and lug nuts. If it's not bad, I wouldn't worry too much about just monitor it and make sure it doesn't get worse, otherwise you could try eliminating it by either a carrier bearing drop kit or axle shims.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #11
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Hope you get the vibe figured out
Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
cali's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks pugga I will check it out
Old 01-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #13
cali's Tacoma Gallery
Angry dont know what to do

tried toytec bearing drop kit vibe got worse . its just a start off vib 5-10 mph seem like alot of posts on this, nobody has an answer.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #14

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali View Post
tried toytec bearing drop kit vibe got worse . its just a start off vib 5-10 mph seem like alot of posts on this, nobody has an answer.
Not for nothing but I bought one of those carrier bearing drop kits and when I went to install, it seemed like it would not make things any better. It appeared to me that it would make the angle between the transfer case and the carrier bearing worse and only slightly help the angle between the carrier bearing and the differential. It seems more people have had success with axle shims vs the CB drop kit.

Does it make a difference if you slowly accelerate vs. normal? Rear blocks can cause bad axle wrap especially because the stock leaf springs are so weark to begin with.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #15
cali's Tacoma Gallery
ok

slow or normal i get what other people call a shutter vibe . the blocks revtec gave me have an angle so i dont think i need shims. when i had my ujoints replaced i noticed they are all angled the same way does that make a difference? i also replacad center bearing. could the drive shaft not be good ? also i dont get that shutter vibe in 4wheel drive.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #16

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
slow or normal i get what other people call a shutter vibe . the blocks revtec gave me have an angle so i dont think i need shims. when i had my ujoints replaced i noticed they are all angled the same way does that make a difference? i also replacad center bearing. could the drive shaft not be good ? also i dont get that shutter vibe in 4wheel drive.
Check out T-SB-0132-08 JUL 08 Drivetrain - Driveline Vibration Between 15 - 25 MPH. The speed is a little off from yours but the other stuff seems to fit, especially the part about it going away when in 4wd. There's a link to download the PDF of each PDF in this thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html

It's a secondary driveline vibration TSB. What's weird is you have an older truck so it seems more unlikely that this would just happen all of the sudden. It seems the truck underwent some changes and the vibrations happened as a result. When I first lifted my truck, I was chasing slight vibrations like crazy. I finally gave up and they all went away. I'm now over a year later and the truck runs perfectly. Depending on the severity of the vibrations, you might be better off monitoring it and making sure it doesn't get worse. Obviously, if it's really shaking, I wouldn't recommend ignoring it but if it's really slight you might want to consider it. I don't think it's axle wrap, you just replaced the carrier bearing so that shouldn't be it. Do you have play in the u-joints? (Put it in park and try to turn the drive shaft, there shouldn't be able to twist the drive shaft without the truck moving or turning the transmission. What was the most recent repait you made to your truck before the vibrations started?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #17
cali's Tacoma Gallery
read this

when my carrier bearing went bad thats when it started. so my mec .changed the bearing he found a bad universal so he replaced all three the sqeeking noise was gone but the vibe was not
Old 01-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #18

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
when my carrier bearing went bad thats when it started. so my mec .changed the bearing he found a bad universal so he replaced all three the sqeeking noise was gone but the vibe was not
I think you should take it back to your mechanic and tell him about the vibration you picked up. Check out this post, your mechanic might have skipped this step (possibility although I would think if the drive line was unbalanced you would have vibes as a higher speed also). I'd recheck the torque on the bolts he messed with also. I think you've definitely narrowed down your search, almost undoubtably your cause came from the work that was done on your drive line.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post4381654
Old 01-19-2012, 03:39 AM   #19
cali's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for helping pugga
Old 01-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #20

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you for helping pugga
No problem, hopefully the shop works with you to fix it!