lifted 2012 single cab. opinions for next mods

Old 01-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
miss the cummins but love my taco
2012yota is on a distinguished road

Navy: stg3
Name: josh
2012yota's Tacoma Gallery
lifted 2012 single cab. opinions for next mods

Need help deciding next mods. Snorkel? Bull bar?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
What are you going to be doing with it? What type of trailing? What lift are you rocking now?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Welcome to TW!

Your question might be better-answered in the 2nd Gen. Tacomas forum.
x2
Old 01-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, btw do not get a bull bar
Old 01-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
there r some nice reg cabs on here . search around for ideas that u may like. This may be a good start http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...re-thread.html

also check out my build thread.

since u got 33's, get gears! that will be ur best mod IMO.

i also like my header and exhaust from Doug Thorley.

offroad bumpers from Relentless fab or another mfg are a nice touch for looks and performance. I like Relentless because he makes aluminum bumpers also that only weigh half as much as steel ones - it's something to consider especially for these 4 bangers.

Post pics of ur truck!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:36 AM   #8

Thanks for all of the replies, im new to forums. Apologize for the late response. My computer is broken so I have to use my driod phone. I have a tuff country 3" lift, with scorpion 33" atr's. I plan on doing the occasional sand/ dirt trails. A couple of hills, no mud, some heavily wooded areas. However, im in fl so if I happen to stumble across some water that I must cross to further pursue my need for offroading then a snorkel would be nice. Plus they look awesome. I cannot seem to find them anywhere, especially for a 2012.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #9

@speck. What gears are you running? And I was under the impression that arb was my only option for bumpers. And @stunt man hans I love your truck. I was getting alot of ideas from your build, but due to impatience, lack of funds, and excitement I found my 17" trd alloys on cl so I didn't stick to my black on black scheme.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:53 AM   #10
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
lets see her
Old 01-17-2012, 05:23 AM   #11

Old 01-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #12
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck! Welcome to TW! I vote no on the bull bar. Just my $0.02. The front looks mean already IMO. I would powdercoat those wheels matte black.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #13
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from SoCal!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #14
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012yota View Post
@speck. What gears are you running? And I was under the impression that arb was my only option for bumpers. And @stunt man hans I love your truck. I was getting alot of ideas from your build, but due to impatience, lack of funds, and excitement I found my 17" trd alloys on cl so I didn't stick to my black on black scheme.
I highly recommend 4.88s for a 2.7 taco on 33s. That's what I have. If you do a lot of highway driving, 4.56 may also suit you well.

Regarding bumpers, things may be a little different with the 2012 models but I'm not sure. I would recommend contacting the bumper manufactures to see if they would work for 2012s. Some good bumpers out there in my opinions are Relentless fab, ARB, CBI, AllPro, and I'm probably missing a couple more.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #15
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Intake, exhaust, Stereo, lights?
Old 01-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Josh!

welcome from one florida member to another. come say hi in the florida bs thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...ml#post4377494

as for the water crossing, there are a ton of things that can be hurt by water before you get water in the intake. relocating youre rear differential breather should be first on the list. you may aso want to seal the electronics under the hood. then, if you get a snorkle, you need to seal it up in addition to the drain holes in the stock intake to really make it waterproof. in all likelyhood, you will not need a snorkle for water, but they are fantastic for keeping dust and dirt out of your intake when following people on the trails.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #18

Thank you for all of your acceptance. A whole different world then the mustang community I was in. As for the gears that seems really low. What kind of toms are you pushing at hwy speeds? How much would doing gears cost in a taco? For the stereo and lights, all in good time. Never been into after market stereos, but factory head unit with a 10" woofer behind the seat is somewhere in my list of plans. And 2 headlights just isn't enough. Maybe some daylighters behind the grille? This will take some more research. And no, I am stationed at mayport naval station, not nas. We should definatly get in contact. There are a couple of Tacoma guys on base but not many. They seem to be confused with the height of my rig. I think factory trd rims with mild at 33's throws them off. Kinda looks like it came from the factory like that. But yea I defiantly would love to get in contact with a group in my area. Went to Jennings national forest last weekend. Depressing that I was the only one there.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #19

Rpms* auto correct blows.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #20