Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
Bearticker is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
Bearticker's Tacoma Gallery
Post Newbie

Hello Tacoma owners/operators,

I'm in the market to pick up my first Tacoma since I rode off my little Ranger over the past weekend (no injuries...except the truck). I'm undecided about purchasing a 2011 Tacoma with the v6 engine because of rumours I've heard regarding poor fuel Mileage. And the smaller engine suffers lack of hp.

So, I'm hoping, the Tacoma owners of today can shade some light on this. How is your fuel mileage?

Thanks to you all, for your time. Greatly appreciated.

Scott
Old 01-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Very happy with my V6 2011 milage. Of course came from a v8 f150.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Depending on what your definition of bad is. I get 20 to 21 on the hwy 2011 V6 4.0 DC SB Prerunner. So 4x4 will be a little worst. That is doing 70 on avg. The worst I have done has been 17. I like the added power. I had a 4 cyl Taco and I was almost killed trying to pull out into traffic. Auto I am sure was part of the problem.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
Bearticker is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
Bearticker's Tacoma Gallery
that's the other vehicle I'm leaning toward. 2011 FX4 Ford F150 Crew Cab. I know the two trucks are in different classes, but the prices are the same. I'm currently driving 2011 Ford F150 Crew rental, it's like driving a bus through the city.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
my 11' double cab 4x4 v6 is getting 21 high way with 19 city
but thats being gentle with it
Old 01-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah the ford is going to drink it up
Old 01-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! The mileage isn't bad until you're going 65+...
Old 01-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! My 2010 V6 on average gets about 18-20mpg. I'm pretty happy with it. A lot of my driving is stop and go so I think it does pretty well considering.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #9
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
whats up Noob.. from Atlanta GA
Old 01-18-2012, 02:27 AM   #10
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 01-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #11
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #12
Gregg is on a distinguished road

Name: Gregg
Gregg's Tacoma Gallery
Buy the vehicle that suits your needs. The gas milage between a Tacoma and a F150 if not going to be that much different. I have a 2010 V6 Sport 4x4 and I average 17 MPG doing mixed driving.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #13
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from SoCal! I get 23mpg combined mileage in my 05 4cyl 4x4, taking it easy.