Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

tonyatk

Old 01-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
tonyatk is on a distinguished road
Name: tony
tonyatk's Tacoma Gallery
tonyatk

Hi tony here. I have been a Toyota pickup owner since 83 when I bought a rolled over SR5 and rebuilt it. It was known as T1. T2 was an 87 EFI 22RE which was also rolled over. I just jacked the roof enough to put a wind shield in it and beat on it for 50,000 miles. T3 was involved in a head on crash. I had to pull on the frame but it turned out fine with only 13,000 miles on it when I bought it. T4 was a rolled over 02 Tacoma double cab which only comes in automatic. It had 45,000 miles on it when I bought it for $2,800 with a clean title. I had 8k into it, drove it for 5 years and just sold it with 75,000 miles for $12,000. I wanted to order the new Baja Edition but, it doesnt come out till sometime in April. So, I have put in an order for a TX PRO and I am trying to find out if it would be cheaper to order a factory super charger or buy one and install it myself. Also, should I wait for the Baja to get the extra 2 inch lift? I have ordered the TRD shifter and roof rack. It is not a done deal yet because the six speed is so rare. What do you guys think? Any comments would be appreciated. This is the first brand new truck I have bought. I own my own shop and have a wholesale parts account with my local dealer. Thanks, Tony
Old 01-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome,from South Carolina.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
tonyatk is on a distinguished road
Name: tony
tonyatk's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks I live in Breckenridge Colorado,we have some awsome wheeling out here.I have driven to approx 12800ft,what a view ! Tony.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyatk View Post
Thanks I live in Breckenridge Colorado,we have some awsome wheeling out here.I have driven to approx 12800ft,what a view ! Tony.
Nice!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO just get the TRD OR and build it up from there. No reason to pay that much extra for the baja package

welcome to TW!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Yup! Buy your own TX Pro and do a build on it, if you can get your own cheap parts then you'll wanna upgrade the suspension eventually.

Welcome from
Old 01-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #7
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Baja isn't worth it in my opinion. Get an off-road or sport and build from there.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:02 AM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 01-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
gptoy has a spectacular aura aboutgptoy has a spectacular aura aboutgptoy has a spectacular aura about
gptoy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to gptoy
Welcome from north

I'd suggest keeping this one rubber side down .

Enjoy the new ride, whichever one it turns out to be and welcome to the site!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #11
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Aloha