1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello from new Tacoma owner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Dacoma, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Jan 29, 2012 at 6:09 AM
    Dacoma

Dacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport DCSB
    TRD Cat Back Exhaust
    Hey all,

Long-winded introduction to follow.

Just got my dream truck! It's a 2008 PreRunner TRD Sport 4x2 double cab, short bed. I think I got a pretty good deal on it. I've been wanting this truck ever since 2005. I think the 2nd generation Tacoma is the most attractive pickup ever created.

I used to be into BMWs (the classic, used, non-rich people ones). I had a big passion for them, along with my best friend. We knew everything about them, and did all kinds of upgrades (and expensive repairs!) on our cars. I've now moved on to Toyota, and obviously, Tacomas. My interest first started with wanting the early 2000's Tundra.

Anyway, I had the new truck for a day and found the Tacoma World Forums, and have been reading hours of old posts each day. Here I was thinking I had a pretty hot (albeit stock) truck, but a lot of the rigs on here put mine to shame :) I was hoping to get a 4x4 but it didn't happen. Still kind of bummed about it, considering the aparent popularity of "wheelin'" here. In fact, I had one of those classic car buying moments where you're all excited to pick up your new car and you see the even newer car next to the one you're getting. It was this sweet 2012 TRD Off Road with awesome black wheels and all kinds of other sweet goodies. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally happy with my purchase, but I honestly can't get that other truck out of my head!

You guys have some really, REALLY nice trucks, and I love all the variety! Everyone has something different, it's really great fun. I thought I'd be getting out of the whole upgrading thing by purchasing this truck, but boy was I wrong. Only had it a week and a half and I've already started two projects: 1) researching how I can retrofit my '08 with the OEM backup camera (didn't know it only started in '09, darn!), and 2) adding a TRD cat back exhaust. I only have the nice people here on TW to "blame" for giving me the itch to get that cat back! Darn you guys and your (mostly) glowing reviews of it (read from older posts). It got me giddy so I had to get one. This is also my first pickup truck and you've gotta have an exhaust, right? I'd also like to get the factory OEM JBL system installed, but that won't happen for a while. Had to get a lame FM transmitter instead. Oh well, can't have it all.

Also, I did my first self-mod right away: the hose clamp mod to deter tailgate theft. I'm not very mechanically inclined with automobiles, but even I could do that one.

So, it seems like a nice community here. Hope to participate in some way, and I'm looking forward to lots more reading.

2. Jan 29, 2012 at 6:16 AM
    Rusty 06 4x4

Rusty 06 4x4 NBHNC

Member:
    First Name:
    Rusty
    West Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD DCSB
    welcome from GA:wave.. post some pics of your ride when you get a chance

3. Jan 29, 2012 at 6:20 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    And it has begun muhahahahahah

Welcome to TW

4. Jan 29, 2012 at 6:24 AM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Congrats on your dream truck. It was ment to be.

5. Jan 29, 2012 at 6:26 AM
    02YotaGuy

02YotaGuy Guy With A Red 80 Series

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Springfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    94 FZJ80
    Bumper, Winch, 315s, Sliders, OME HD lift, Custom rear swingout, roof rack, drawers, way too much to list.
    Welcome

I'm currently in the opposite position... I used to be obsessed with my 02 DC 4X4 Taco (sold)... And now I'm working on rebuilding my 87 BMW 325i Vert. I think you'll have lots of fun... and spend lots of money...

6. Jan 29, 2012 at 6:28 AM
    Rusty 06 4x4

Rusty 06 4x4 NBHNC

Member:
    First Name:
    Rusty
    West Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD DCSB
    wow really..you should be posting here then
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/

7. Jan 29, 2012 at 6:41 AM
    Dacoma

Dacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport DCSB
    TRD Cat Back Exhaust
    1987 was a good year for BMWs. I had an '87 E23 as my main hobby.

Rusty, I love your sig. I can't stand those stick figure families. Now that I have my truck, I'm trying to find a zombie version of the stick figures to mock them. I've only found a couple but they aren't what I want exactly. My version would be instead of the dad, mom, two kids, and Fido, it would just be 5 or 6 same height zombies standing there. Not a family, just a horde of zombies! :D

8. Jan 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM
    Norton

Norton Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access Cab 4x4 V6 6MT, TRD OR & Tow Packages
    Magnuson S/C w/12TRDTacoma's Qwikchange Hub & 2.5" RIP-Modded Pulley, Roostfactor's Pulley Wrap Mod; FPR Mod; JustDSM Tune via HPT MPVI2; mightytacoman Intercooler Tank; aFe POWER Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter; OME Suspension Lift (885 Coils, Dakar Leafs, NitroCharger Sports); TRD Quickshifter w/TRD 6-Spd Knob; TRD Exhaust; NSB-AGM27F Battery w/HKB Adjustable Voltage Booster & Coupe's TRD Battery Hold Down; Goodridge SS Brake Lines; Trident904's MT ADM; BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2s on FJ SE Anthracite Rims; N-Fab 6-Step Nerf Bars; BPF TRD Skid, Tow Hook, & Cooling Panel; jsi's Locker Anytime, Up2NoGood's 2Lo Module; ramonortiz55's Always on Power Outlet Relay, ND4's Fog Light Anytime, & Crom's Speed Bleeder Mods; crashnburn80's Ultimate Headlight & Fog Light Upgrades; ThreatLevelMidnight's Wireless Charger; 4Runner 4X4 & FJ Fog Light Switches; redtaco2007-inspired LED License Plate Lights; AudioControl LC2i LOC, JL Audio XD200/2v2 Amp, Focal PS165V1 Spkrs, Sound Ordnance B-8PTD Sub, Hushmat & Noico Sound Insulation; loginfailed-inspired Speedhut Boost & AFR Gauges in a Lotek Pillar Pod; Ltd Auto-Dim/Compass/Temp/Backup Camera/Homelink mirror on ImMrYo's Mirror Lift Bracket; TacomaBeast Glove Box & Console Organizers; Husky Floor Liners; UltraGauge EM; mesojdm's Ultimate LED Dome & Map Lights & GASSHOLE; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite; Mobtown Offroad Locking Bed Storage Doors; Toyota Bed Mat; Cali Raised Led Bed Stiffeners; Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock w/TacomaTruckParts Support Bracket; ARE Z-Series Cap, SolarGard Tint; BlendMounted & MirrorTapped Uniden R3; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies
    Welcome to TW!

9. Jan 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome aboard!

10. Jan 29, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    Superx2

Superx2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Iowa
    welcome from iowa

11. Jan 29, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Welcome from GA. :cheers:

12. Jan 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG]Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV[​IMG]