Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

K&N cold air + Throttle Body Spacer = good upgrade?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
Soccerdallin is on a distinguished road

Name: Dallin
Soccerdallin's Tacoma Gallery
K&N cold air + Throttle Body Spacer = good upgrade?

Hello,
this is my first thread.

I bought a K&N cold air intake and a Airaid Bottle Body Spacer as well from www.autoanything.com (awesome prices by the way) and was just wondering
if anyone could tell a difference in torque or just all around horsepower.

..and could anyone tell me if the K&N made anyone's exhaust's louder in any way?
I have a magnaflow and wondering what I should expect.

Thanks ya'll!
Attached Thumbnails
K&N cold air + Throttle Body Spacer = good upgrade?-img_20120131_154630.jpg  
Old 02-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Also an intake isn't going to make an exhaust louder.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #4

Why hello,

Do you know this by experience? How do ya'll know this?

I ordered the spacer because I can return it within 30 days, so why not try it, right??
Old 02-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerdallin View Post
Why hello,

Do you know this by experience? How do ya'll know this?

I ordered the spacer because I can return it within 30 days, so why not try it, right??
Just think for a sec. What is the spacer going to do that's going to make more power?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
Christ Follower
RadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
RadRed06's Tacoma Gallery
Read this:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...dy-spacer.html
Old 02-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #7

It does seem kind of silly,
but I've looked up a bunch of reviews of it and people with 2004 Taco's seem to notice a difference.

Are you just guessing? I'm just wondering, haha I don't have much money to spend so I want to buy useful things!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
It does seem kind of silly,
but I've looked up a bunch of reviews of it and people with 2004 Taco's seem to notice a difference.

Are you just guessing? I'm just wondering, haha I don't have much money to spend so I want to buy useful things!
You didn't answer my question.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ehow.com/info_12185215_ad...dy-spacer.html

Your truck, your choice. You came in asking for opinions and your receiving them. Some folks learned first hand by buying these things, others may know someone who did and others are willing to believe the write-ups and reviews. Then there those who just understand how stuff does and doesn't work. As for the CAI, I bought the TRD intake, reviews advised little or more likely no improvements. I got just what the reviews said I would get, no real improvement, though I do like the sound when I get on it.
Again, it comes down to what YOU want, it's YOUR truck.
Edit
If these improvements that the TB claim are true, don't you think Toyota or other car manufactures would be installing the $35.00 part and charge outrageous prices for them?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Waste of money but toeach their own. You truck isn't going to make any real power gains unless you boost it.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #12
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
waiting for chris4x4...
Old 02-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #13

well it comes Friday, I'll probably install it saturday.

I've read how it works and the whole concept seems kind of...dumb, but I've talked to multiple reps and read lots of reviews and that's what made me buy one.
I'll install it, and if I can't tell a difference then I'll return it!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
well it comes Friday, I'll probably install it saturday.

I've read how it works and the whole concept seems kind of...dumb, but I've talked to multiple reps and read lots of reviews and that's what made me buy one.
I'll install it, and if I can't tell a difference then I'll return it!
Reps just want money and there a lot of derps out there. If anything the cleaner cut gasket will help. I bet you will say the spacer helped though.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #15

haha I'll say the spacer helped...if I can tell that it helped. Otherwise ya, I'll take my money back. I'm just wondering if anyone out there installed this on their truck and can tell a difference.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
haha I'll say the spacer helped...if I can tell that it helped. Otherwise ya, I'll take my money back. I'm just wondering if anyone out there installed this on their truck and can tell a difference.
They don't do anything. Well no they do whistle but that's it. I guess it is hard to understand logic sometimes.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #17
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
OP: Welcome to TW!

OP: Cancel your order
Old 02-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #18
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 02-14-2012, 02:35 AM   #19
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Will these mods help you in the power department? That's a negative ghostrider...

All your bros and bro hoes sure will like the whistle they make though.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #20

Have both of them installed, and I'm happy with them!
I'm not sure if the TB spacer does much...but it does make it sound like a supercharger haha.
It did make my magna-flow exhaust louder though...which is fine with me! Just under 2000 and around 2500 RPM's is when it's the loudest. It changed the tone a little bit though too.

Love the products, they sound way sweet! The mix between the exhaust, TB spacer, and the air intake sounds saweet!

Thanks guys!

Products Discussed in this Thread