Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

TACOMA REAR WINDOW

Old 02-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
ROBERT2303 is on a distinguished road
ROBERT2303's Tacoma Gallery
TACOMA REAR WINDOW

THE 2012 TACOMA DOUBLE CAB BACK WINDOW. ANY SUGGESTONS ON HOW TO MAKE MORE SECURE
Old 02-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Welcome!

Depends on your needs. A no compromise headache rack? I've thought a bar secured horizontally across the middle would work. It could be removed when not used and secured with a padlock when using. This is all just vapor in my brain right now. I haven't really thought it out at all. Just some occasional brainstorming I've done.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
ROBERT2303 is on a distinguished road
ROBERT2303's Tacoma Gallery
security bar

I thought about the same thing. interesting there is no product on the market.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:36 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 02-29-2012, 04:47 AM   #6
3rd Taco's a charm
Mr Hyde is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
Mr Hyde's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure exactly how it all works, but I know there is a power window conversion for the rear window. If my mental image of how it would work is right, the lock would really become useless, and the window would be physically hooked up to the drive unit. If that is the case, the window would be as secure as your side windows.

On a related note, in 12 years of being a police officer, I have yet to investigate an auto B&E involving forcing the rear window of a pickup. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I have yet to hear of it, or see it.

Good luck with your quest for security.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
Not sure exactly how it all works, but I know there is a power window conversion for the rear window. If my mental image of how it would work is right, the lock would really become useless, and the window would be physically hooked up to the drive unit. If that is the case, the window would be as secure as your side windows.

On a related note, in 12 years of being a police officer, I have yet to investigate an auto B&E involving forcing the rear window of a pickup. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I have yet to hear of it, or see it.

Good luck with your quest for security.

^^ this.

Power rear window mod is linked in my sig. The sliding window cannot be forced open against the motor once the mod is installed. Not to mention, it would take a really skinny theif who could fit their body through the 12-inch-wide rear window
Old 04-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
A wooden stick will work nicely.