Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Cold air intake suggestions

Old 03-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
THExDIRTYxTACO is on a distinguished road

Name: Bob
THExDIRTYxTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Cold air intake suggestions

I'm thinking about getting a cold air intake, what should I get the K&N 63 series or the URD intake?
Old 03-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck came with a cold air intake from the factory.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #3

it just came with the stock air filter
Old 03-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbrian View Post
Your truck came with a cold air intake from the factory.
What he said. But if you're gonna choose between the two, go with the urd tcai.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
What he said. But if you're gonna choose between the two, go with the urd tcai.
ya a lot of people on here will say don't do it cuz it already has one stock, but honestly i felt a throttle response increase with my AFE stage 2 si intake. its the closed box one, would've gone with the URD one but i didn't want to cut
Old 03-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExDIRTYxTACO View Post
it just came with the stock air filter
The whole intake is in fact cold air intake. Are you just wanting the noise? Cuz if not don't waste your money.

But that's my opinion, which you asked for
Old 03-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Ah yes. Another intake thread. Someone start another one before the mood dies down.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Ah yes. Another intake thread. Someone start another one before the mood dies down.
Lol
Old 03-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
xwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
xwillx93's Tacoma Gallery
Haters gonna hate. I tell ya, i LOVE my Volant. Its louder, i feel a better throttle response and it sounds freakin awesome sucking in the air! I like it more than the stock
Old 03-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #10
xwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
xwillx93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Im not hating..Im stating facts that are backed up here by other unfortunate users, and all the users who sold theirs.

Its not a definate check engine light, its very common though...Gadget can fix that too tho.
There are also plenty of users who have upgraded their intake and who are satisfied. I guess it is all personal preferance but, my Volant deleted 2 filters, had wider piping, and less kinks/bends. How would it not hold/take in more air? I'll admit you wont get the "up to 18 HP" they advertise with but i feel a little better than stock
Old 03-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
taco?
MotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: emt/cal fire
Name: Nate
MotoXdoer's Tacoma Gallery
Stock less rumble and I disagree wig the bs hot air thing. My k&n is sealed tight and sucks air out of the same stock hole. It sounds awesome and I have better throttle response. Gas mileage stays the same.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #13

You guys got me convinced on the URD!! The only thing is does the aluminum get hot? because right where it goes from the engine to the grill I have some wires running right through there for my red LEDs in my grill.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExDIRTYxTACO View Post
You guys got me convinced on the URD!! The only thing is does the aluminum get hot? because right where it goes from the engine to the grill I have some wires running right through there for my red LEDs in my grill.
It will be fine just buy it.