Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Down shifting on a A/T 5 SPEED

Old 04-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
Pableins is on a distinguished road
Pableins's Tacoma Gallery
Down shifting on a A/T 5 SPEED

I down shift all the time from 4 to 2 during a normal drive ,even 1st (south america geog..) , i would like too know if this can couse any harm to the transmission . Since i paid 60 thousand dollars for mi 2011 tacoma , and the braking sstem is not that great , i really like to know if im doeing it right . The owners manual say : brake assist to 3th under 80 mph, down to 2 under 54 miles and down to 1 under 20 . Please Help.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pableins View Post
Since i paid 60 thousand dollars for mi 2011 tacoma ,

I hope that was delivered.. It is an auto, let autos do what autos do.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specalt View Post
that has to be a typo cause I've never seen a tacoma sold for more than 35K
Old 04-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Uh , no

Ride the brakes all the way down steep inclines ?

Read the manual , lower gears are for engine braking , that's why they are selectable
Old 04-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09tacorunner View Post
that has to be a typo cause I've never seen a tacoma sold for more than 35K
OP says he's in South America , and my DCLB Sport 4x4 was $43 000 in Canada
Old 04-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Uh , no

Ride the brakes all the way down steep inclines ?

Read the manual , lower gears are for engine braking , that's why they are selectable

I agree with you, but the question was normal driving. Nothing about steep inclines.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree with you, but the question was normal driving. Nothing about steep inclines.
I took ( South American geog ) to imply hills . Doesn't matter anyway , selecting the gears manually , even in normal driving , won't hurt the tranny
Old 04-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OP says he's in South America , and my DCLB Sport 4x4 was $43 000 in Canada
AH makes sense didn't think about other places! thanks OZ
Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I gear down my auto transmission getting off of the interstate everyday. I gear down from D to 4 to 3. Engine braking is great for slowing these trucks down. What makes it so easy to use is that you don't have to push in any buttons on the gear shift to do it.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #11
Pableins is on a distinguished road
Pableins's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks , and yes we ride lots of hills 2700 meters over sea level , yes i paid 60g , here in Ecuador , TACOMA 2011 3 months ago , 2012 goes for over 70 g.