Notices

New Tacoma Owner

Old 04-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
Pragmatic Member
PurpleT is on a distinguished road
PurpleT's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacoma Owner

Hello and Greetings from Kansas,

First off, this is a great site with lots of great advice and recommendations. Many thanks to those who take the time to post.
It is a little overwhelming and I am finding out I have lots to learn.

Purchased the truck for my wife as a graduation present. It is a 99 Tacoma Ext. Cab, 4X4, AT, with a 2.7L. It has 63K and the prior owners slacked on the preventive maintenance. No mods at this point and in need of general upkeep as this will be her daily driver. We enjoy working on our vehicles so this is sure to be fun for both of us once we get over the initial list of things that need to be taken care of before regular driving can occur.

I am trying to figure out which forums are appropriate and how to determine which parts (transmission, transfer cases, and so on are in the vehicle) As a newbie to the Toyota Tacoma world can someone please clarify for me which generation of truck I have and any other helpful tips that will help guide my initial learning. I have looked at the forums and each time I think I have some of the foundational pieces I read something else and realize I am lost again.

We are looking forward to many happy years of ownership and learning from those who have gone before us.

Thanks,
PO
Old 04-12-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
wud up PO! You has a 1st gen
Old 04-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #3
Pragmatic Member
PurpleT is on a distinguished road
PurpleT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the response and the info. This will help immensely.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:21 AM   #4
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Welcome to the site.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #5
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Vermont
What a great present!