Notices

New Here

Old 04-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
iamjcombs is on a distinguished road
Army: 295TH SIGNAL SPT CO
Name: Josh
iamjcombs's Tacoma Gallery
New Here

Hey all, my name is Josh. I'm 20 years old, about to enlist in the USMC, and wanted to show my truck to y'all. I purchased it in December of last year and am wanting to start doing a lot of mods to it, but I don't really know where to start.. The only things I've done is put a Flowmaster 40 with dual exhaust and some stainless tips, bought some new 31x10.50 BFG A/T KO tires and some Pacer wheels... I need new struts and shocks, but want about a 1-2" lift... I'd also like to add some power and was thinking about a Volant cool air intake? I've been reading around and can't decide what to do? BTW, I have the 2.7...

Anyway... here are some pictures...

Some buddies at work did this... haha. Also, before I got my new tires/wheels.

New tires/wheels.

New vs Old.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pickup welcome to TW!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
You Can't Fix Stupid !
Smokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic
Name: Jeremy
Smokey11's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome form AZ, have fun in the core and thank you for your service in advance !
Old 04-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Texas
Old 04-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Your poor truck looks like it's got a real bad headache with all those bandages wrapped around it!!

Welcome to TW! Love the red, that's a good looking truck. And thank you for your sacrifices.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Power wise the only thing that ever gave me a noticeable gain was my LCE Headers. Nothing short of a blower will give you anything signifigant. I had a K&N and a Volant on my truck but took off the K&N cause it was garbage and took off the Volant because I hated the sound.

BTW these trucks don't have struts, just coilovers up front and shocks and leafs in the back.

I run an OME lift on my truck and love it. Got any questions the stickies should help you out.

Welcome!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #9
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
Power wise the only thing that ever gave me a noticeable gain was my LCE Headers. Nothing short of a blower will give you anything signifigant. I had a K&N and a Volant on my truck but took off the K&N cause it was garbage and took off the Volant because I hated the sound.

BTW these trucks don't have struts, just coilovers up front and shocks and leafs in the back.

I run an OME lift on my truck and love it. Got any questions the stickies should help you out.

Welcome!
Thank you sir for that information! I obviously don't know much about vehicles, but I really want to learn! haha
Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #11
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjcombs View Post
Thank you sir for that information! I obviously don't know much about vehicles, but I really want to learn! haha
No problem man, just read around on this site for a while and you'll be an expert of all things Tacoma!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Your poor truck looks like it's got a real bad headache with all those bandages wrapped around it!!

Welcome to TW! Love the red, that's a good looking truck. And thank you for your sacrifices.
I was so mad... I come in to work at 8am, and my co-workers had wrapped it that morning. I didn't find out until noon -.- I can only imagine what people thought as they rode by.. hahaha
Old 04-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
Toyotaguy is a jewel in the roughToyotaguy is a jewel in the roughToyotaguy is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bill
Toyotaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from the northeast
Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #14
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Lucky they didn't wrap it while it was hot.

My co workers wrapped another co worker while he sneaked off to take a nap in his car. They wrapped it so tight (was wrapped WAY more than yours and around all windows rather than under the car) that when he tried to open the window, the plastic got jammed into the edge and wouldn't go down more than a tad. He obviously couldn't open the door so they left him there.

Man was he pissed!!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #15
It was just starting to get 'hot'. At first I thought it melted onto the paint (brand new paint job) but as I peeled it more, it just came right off...

wow, i would have went off on somebody later that day.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjcombs View Post
Hey all, my name is Josh. I'm 20 years old, about to enlist in the USMC, and wanted to show my truck to y'all. I purchased it in December of last year and am wanting to start doing a lot of mods to it, but I don't really know where to start.. The only things I've done is put a Flowmaster 40 with dual exhaust and some stainless tips, bought some new 31x10.50 BFG A/T KO tires and some Pacer wheels... I need new struts and shocks, but want about a 1-2" lift... I'd also like to add some power and was thinking about a Volant cool air intake? I've been reading around and can't decide what to do? BTW, I have the 2.7...

Anyway... here are some pictures...

Some buddies at work did this... haha. Also, before I got my new tires/wheels.

New tires/wheels.

New vs Old.
Welcome from PA!

First, thank you for you service for out nation! Second, nice truck!