1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Tacoma Takeover in Moab Utah

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Sparky36, May 21, 2012.

1. May 21, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    Sparky36

Sparky36 [OP] Weekend Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Donnie
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 4.0L 4x4
    Just returned from this weekends trip to Moab, Utah. Had an amazing time and glad i was invited to this event. Originally i am from North Idaho and recently moved to Salt Lake City. The event was a success in my eyes, with no carnage besides a couple dings and dents. Driving almost completely stock besides a few minor mods, and new set of intermediate terrain tires. We drove mostly on beginner and intermediate trails not knowing what to expect being my first time. definitely have some work to do before attending again next year. We did hear about a couple roll overs although no one was seriously injured, one broken arm, and some popped tires and lots of dents/scratches. The turnout was not as big as expected looking through old forums, however the people who did show were very friendly and willing to help out with any problems, accidents, and/or information about trails. The bonfires and swapping of stories at night was especially fun and met some great new friends. Thanks to all the sponsors Toytec, Trail gear, DSMotorsports, and some others for all the donated gear for our raffle. Looking forward to meeting new people in the forum and if anyone is in the Salt Lake area and wants to do some driving or just bs, lets get in touch.

2. May 21, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    Welcome to the TW!

3. May 21, 2012 at 4:47 PM
    RedDragonTaco

RedDragonTaco Knight Industies Toyota Tacoma

Member:
    Slc, UT
    Vehicle:
    2007 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Toytec 3" Ultimate w/ LR UCA's, 18" Rockstar rims, Nitto Grappler 285/65/18, OEM roof rack, foglight anytime mod, front bull bar and Smitty side steps, tonneau cover, debadged, BHLM, blacked out tail lights, stubby antenna, flowmaster
    I wanted to go so bad but couldnt make it. We should do more meet ups in the slc area

4. May 22, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    Trowbocop

Trowbocop Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Glad to see you're on here now sparky! That was definitely a weekend for the books. RedDragon- I'm also always down for a meetup. I'm gonna try to get a mod day going so we can all meet up somewhere and work on the trucks! Also- I'm down to hit Moab at least once every other month, so lets get some local tacos down there! :cool:

RedDragon- there is a meetup on the 2nd of June, also the 9th. Check it out. If you haven't already seen it.

5. May 23, 2012 at 4:06 PM
    Sparky36

Member:
    First Name:
    Donnie
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 4.0L 4x4
    Thanks Boerseun glad I finally joined. And RedDragon I am definately game for a meetup sometime soon. I'll jump on the thread and let you know soon what days will work best, but for the most part i am flexible on days and times. I'll let you guys know. As for Trowbocop, I agree and yeah it was pretty epic. We need to step up a little next time and hit some rougher trails....after a few mods. Moab once a month would drain my account and my wife might divorce me, but it is very tempting. haha definitely will be doing another one soon.

6. May 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM
    Trowbocop

Trowbocop Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Yo Donnie- I'm gettin together with a dude in Ogden this sunday to buy his hi-lift and hit a trail. He's prerunner, so something 2wd friendly...but if you want to roll and see what we can find up there you are more than welcome. Also- Dylan is super down to fab up some sliders for you. Just let me know when you want em and we'll get together with him and get it done.

7. May 23, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    Sparky36

Member:
    First Name:
    Donnie
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 4.0L 4x4
    Not sure if I can make this weekend but I'll try. Definitely can make it next weekend, maybe even camp out somewhere if we take the AF Trail I hear you can get into some decent spots. But I'll let you know. Glad you got that hi lift jack I was thinking about it. Let me know when Dylan and you are available to get those sliders goin. Im off pretty much every day on the weekdays by three or four. Weekends always off. Pumped to get them on as soon as possible

8. May 23, 2012 at 10:19 PM
    Trowbocop

Trowbocop Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Badass, we'll plan on campin up American Fork as well. I'll work on my girl for that one haha. We should start those sliders ASAP! I'm gonna install a mount for my Jerry cans, bike fork, and hi lift ASAP too if you want to get together and work on the trucks. Anything you want to do to yours??

9. May 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    Sparky36

Member:
    First Name:
    Donnie
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 4.0L 4x4
    Totally game for American fork camping also just need to convince the wife. she'll be down otherwise she can stay home. haha. wanna go with sliders first, then thinking about blacking out my rims with that rhino line. probably look tougher. somewhere's in the future gonna go for a lift and new tires!!!!!! maybe some Jerry can mounts

10. May 24, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    Sparky36

Member:
    First Name:
    Donnie
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 4.0L 4x4
    Yeah it was. definitely goin back soon. grew up most of my life in Coeurd'Alene. Love it up there want to go back for a visit sometime soon. Where in Idaho are you?

11. May 24, 2012 at 2:00 PM
    Trowbocop

Trowbocop Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Dude, wheels will take us like 4 hours one day. I have been wanting to do that to mine as well. Just not sure if i should Plasti-dip em instead of bedliner...Just because I dont want to throw off balance or anything...but I'll look into it. I'll also let the girl stay home if she doesnt want to go :rolleyes: I'll ask Dylan when we can start on those puppies! We'd be using scrap from that yard like we did on mine- granted they have any surplus- or we can go snag you some from a steel yard around here- that might be your best bet!

Your's will be SO mean with new tires/lift! I'm looking into options for mine as well :cool:

12. May 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM
    Sparky36

Member:
    First Name:
    Donnie
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 4.0L 4x4
    Look into it and lets do those wheels. they would both look mean. It would be sweet if we could find some round steel for my sliders, think it would look better rounded with the body style on my truck, i'm not too picky though we'll see what we can find and what's gonna be easiest for Dylan. Really like to get those sliders goin soon. Maybe tomorrow sometime we can take a look at the scrap yards and discuss our ideas a little more in depth after work?

13. May 24, 2012 at 2:24 PM
    Sparky36

Member:
    First Name:
    Donnie
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 4.0L 4x4
    Jealous. That's one of the last places i was at before moving to SLC. Funny i'm sure we have crossed paths in CDA at some point, partied together? Did you go to school there? What's your full name? probably on your page just havent looked that far yet..i lived there for 20 or so years so it is hard to not know almost everybody in town there, Cant dip a finger without someone seeing you. haha

14. May 24, 2012 at 2:29 PM
    Sparky36

Member:
    First Name:
    Donnie
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 4.0L 4x4
    Yeah probably not. i'm only 26 tho, always young. and no kidding, but i was pretty tore back most nights, most likely laying in the fire. did make the raffle tho, no goodies

Products Discussed in

To Top