Notices

I need a TACO!

Old 06-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Taco818 is on a distinguished road
Name: Marc
Taco818's Tacoma Gallery
I need a TACO!

Hi Guys,
Long time lurker first time poster! I went in yesterday to buy a TRD Sport and walked out with nothing. I ended up offering to low and the Salesman who didn't want to play the negotiation game He said thanks for coming in, but his face said "gtfo" . Tried to get a idea on an offering price that's low, but high enough to start negotiations.
Soon! I will have a Taco!
Old 06-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
There are many dealers around, and many salesmen. Keep trying, and don't let them get you. What you pay for a vehicle depends a lot on the type of vehicle (supply and demand) and also the time of year. As we move closer to September the 2013 models will start coming out and then you might get a good deal on a 2012, which I believe will be the exact same truck. Unfortunately for buyers the trucks are popular, so the dealers know if you don't buy it, someone else will come by and buy it, so they are not too willing to negotiate.
Keep trying....you are after all the client, and somewhere will be a salesman who will want to do business with you. I have typically in the past negotiated down to about 5% under the sticker on most vehicles that I have bought. It will be a stretch to get much more than that off.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
tacoma.nut is on a distinguished road
Name: Beeb
tacoma.nut's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to sell mine and get a brand new 2013. I bought used and I really like the Tacoma. Had Tundra before. There is a dealer in Sacramento, called "Maita Toyota" He has some Trd Sports for 29,588.00 ..Model 7596A. MSRP=$33,565.00. Found the on AutoTrader.com. Enter Tacoma trucks, then Sacramento zip code. Hope this helps. Of course I have seen MSRP at 29,950.00 Depends on what part of the country. BUT..no matter where they are..they all PAY the same PRICE! from Toyota.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
tacoma.nut is on a distinguished road
Name: Beeb
tacoma.nut's Tacoma Gallery
If u are correct about the 2013 Tacoma's being the same as 2012's, I will then get a 2012, If they are less than the 2013. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
There are many dealers around, and many salesmen. Keep trying, and don't let them get you. What you pay for a vehicle depends a lot on the type of vehicle (supply and demand) and also the time of year. As we move closer to September the 2013 models will start coming out and then you might get a good deal on a 2012, which I believe will be the exact same truck. Unfortunately for buyers the trucks are popular, so the dealers know if you don't buy it, someone else will come by and buy it, so they are not too willing to negotiate.
Keep trying....you are after all the client, and somewhere will be a salesman who will want to do business with you. I have typically in the past negotiated down to about 5% under the sticker on most vehicles that I have bought. It will be a stretch to get much more than that off.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Find a hungry salesman... Wait until the last day of the month to buy.

Welcome to TW! Great group of guys here!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Taco818's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for the input! Great to be part of the board, hope to show off my new car soon (when i get it of course)
Old 06-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #7
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, and good luck with the purchase.

Frank
Old 06-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
Taco818's Tacoma Gallery
As of today I am a proud owner of a 2012 DBC Wht SR5 Prerunner!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #9
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco818 View Post
awesome!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #10
RadiantRed is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
Wicked man. I'm jealous of a few things that the 2012's have and I don't. Rear view camera, side mirror blinkers, aux/USB input and I really like the steering wheel on those. Enjoy ur new truck man.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:27 AM   #11
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco818 View Post

Awesome!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #12
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
How exciting!! Can't wait to see pics! Congratulations!!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #13
Taco818's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures! It's pretty much a clean slate
Attached Thumbnails
I need a TACO!-photo.jpg   I need a TACO!-photo-1-.jpg   I need a TACO!-photo-2-.jpg