1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New CDN Taco Owner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by CDNTACO, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Jun 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    CDNTACO

CDNTACO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Ottawa Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB-SR5
    Fog Lights, Pop&Lock Electric, G4 Elite Tonneau Cover, Weathertech Bug Shield and Window Deflectors, Smitty Built Nerf Bars and Bull Bar, WeatherTech MudFlaps, ProEFX Tow Mirrors
    Hello to all of you here at TacomaWorld.
    I've been lurking for a couple of weeks in my efforts to decide on which vehicle to buy when it became painfully obvious my 2009 kia Rondo won't pull a toy wagon behind it even if it did have electric brakes (2000lb towing)

Thanks to all your posts, mod ideas and testimonials about your experiences with your various flavors of Taco shells, I decided to go with one for myself.

I just picked up the 2012 DBL Cab SR5 last night and have to admit, I absolutely love the ride, the fit and the worry free mentally that comes with a Tacoma based of years of solid performance. It also didn't hurt that my immediate neighbor is the nephew of the local Toyota Dealer who has 2 dealerships here in the area. It made my negotiations much MUCH easier.

I am an old fart at 51 years...but am a 1st time truck owner. I don't know what took me so long but can honestly say I've always wanted one. My years of packing lumber and plywood sheets into a mini-van or small MPV like my Rondo are now over. All it took was the wife asking if we could by a pop up trailer, which we did, and then realizing the Rondo would get smoked by the time I make it to Montreal from Ottawa (1.5 hours) on our way out East (NovaScotia) for a 3 week camping vacation. Didn't take much convincing at all to step up to a real TV. I can't be happier :D
    We'll be pulling a 2012 Jayco Sport 10 (1400 lbs Dry) so I'm sure it will be a real treat with this new vehicle.

Anyway, Thanks for all your excellent information provided here at Tacoworld, I've got my G4 Fold a Cover, Prodigy-3 Brake Controller, Pop&Lock electric and 2011 Sienna Fog lamps all on order and in transit.

Not bad for having possesion of my new ride for less than 12 hours? ;)

I really am looking forward to becoming more active here and I'm 100% certain I'll have many questions once I search the site and can't find answers in any obvious threads.

Cheers All

Wayne From Ottawa, Ont, Canada eh!

2. Jun 8, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Welcome to Tacoma World from Nova Scotia. Hope you enjoy your trip down this way.

Frank

3. Jun 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    Welcome from your neighbors in the AK!

4. Jun 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    CDNTACO

CDNTACO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Ottawa Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB-SR5
    Fog Lights, Pop&Lock Electric, G4 Elite Tonneau Cover, Weathertech Bug Shield and Window Deflectors, Smitty Built Nerf Bars and Bull Bar, WeatherTech MudFlaps, ProEFX Tow Mirrors
    Thanks for the welcome

I like your sig Highland... hehehe, we are so misunderstood.

5. Jun 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Welcome from GA. :cheers:

Products Discussed in

To Top