Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New CDN Taco Owner

Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
CDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wayne
CDNTACO's Tacoma Gallery
New CDN Taco Owner

Hello to all of you here at TacomaWorld.
I've been lurking for a couple of weeks in my efforts to decide on which vehicle to buy when it became painfully obvious my 2009 kia Rondo won't pull a toy wagon behind it even if it did have electric brakes (2000lb towing)

Thanks to all your posts, mod ideas and testimonials about your experiences with your various flavors of Taco shells, I decided to go with one for myself.

I just picked up the 2012 DBL Cab SR5 last night and have to admit, I absolutely love the ride, the fit and the worry free mentally that comes with a Tacoma based of years of solid performance. It also didn't hurt that my immediate neighbor is the nephew of the local Toyota Dealer who has 2 dealerships here in the area. It made my negotiations much MUCH easier.

I am an old fart at 51 years...but am a 1st time truck owner. I don't know what took me so long but can honestly say I've always wanted one. My years of packing lumber and plywood sheets into a mini-van or small MPV like my Rondo are now over. All it took was the wife asking if we could by a pop up trailer, which we did, and then realizing the Rondo would get smoked by the time I make it to Montreal from Ottawa (1.5 hours) on our way out East (NovaScotia) for a 3 week camping vacation. Didn't take much convincing at all to step up to a real TV. I can't be happier
We'll be pulling a 2012 Jayco Sport 10 (1400 lbs Dry) so I'm sure it will be a real treat with this new vehicle.

Anyway, Thanks for all your excellent information provided here at Tacoworld, I've got my G4 Fold a Cover, Prodigy-3 Brake Controller, Pop&Lock electric and 2011 Sienna Fog lamps all on order and in transit.

Not bad for having possesion of my new ride for less than 12 hours?

I really am looking forward to becoming more active here and I'm 100% certain I'll have many questions once I search the site and can't find answers in any obvious threads.

Cheers All

Wayne From Ottawa, Ont, Canada eh!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World from Nova Scotia. Hope you enjoy your trip down this way.

Frank
Old 06-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from your neighbors in the AK!
Old 06-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
CDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDNTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wayne
CDNTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the welcome

I like your sig Highland... hehehe, we are so misunderstood.