Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Taco owner - NYC

Old 06-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
MagTac is on a distinguished road
MagTac's Tacoma Gallery
New Taco owner - NYC

I have had many a toyota but this is my first new vehicle and my first truck. I did extensive research on trucks the Taco kept coming up so I eventually purchased a 4x4 Dble cab V6 auto with Sport upgrade and nav. I am loving this truck!

I've been through quite a few threads on this forum and really like the vibe here. Hope to learn lots.

Unfortunately I got stuck with the 18" Chrome clads which I am to broke to change just yet.

I got this truck thinking wifey's not gonna want to drive it. Well I was wrong, laughs on me.

SilverStreak attached
Attached Thumbnails
New Taco owner - NYC-img00171-20120316-1539.jpg  
Old 06-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
roadking1 is on a distinguished road
roadking1's Tacoma Gallery
I like the wheels!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Welcome
Old 06-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
MagTac's Tacoma Gallery
Would have been better had they been real. They are cladded i.e chrome covered plastic stuck to a steel rim. Nothing more than a burgler proof wheel cover.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagTac View Post
Would have been better had they been real. They are cladded i.e chrome covered plastic stuck to a steel rim. Nothing more than a burgler proof wheel cover.
Welcome to TW. The wheels are supposed to be alloy not steel, and look nice with the plastic removed... this may be another route for you to try out. Best of luck.

Frank
Old 06-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
welcome
Old 06-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
FiveApples is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
FiveApples's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TacomaWorld! Nice looking truck!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
look good . what part of NYC? I just moved up there recently...cant decide if i should take the truck or not
Old 06-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #9
MagTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Welcome to TW. The wheels are supposed to be alloy not steel, and look nice with the plastic removed... this may be another route for you to try out. Best of luck.

Frank
Yeah. I realized they were alloys when I checked my spare out. If I could remove the cladding I would. The spare looks better. I'd also have to look for matching center pcs.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #10
MagTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by facemob View Post
look good . what part of NYC? I just moved up there recently...cant decide if i should take the truck or not
I am in Queens. One of the reasons I got the truck was the roads here are like crap and I thought a truck would handle it better than my A4 - it does. You may have already noticed the craters we have for potholes!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #11
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
welcome from ny
Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from SoCal! You're not kidding about the potholes
Old 06-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
FLAJIM has much to be proud ofFLAJIM has much to be proud ofFLAJIM has much to be proud ofFLAJIM has much to be proud ofFLAJIM has much to be proud ofFLAJIM has much to be proud ofFLAJIM has much to be proud ofFLAJIM has much to be proud ofFLAJIM has much to be proud ofFLAJIM has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jim
FLAJIM's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck. Is that picture taken by the Mid-town tunnel ?? Lived in Staten Island for 50 years before retiring and moving down here.

Be Safe JIM
Old 06-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
MagTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAJIM View Post
Nice looking truck. Is that picture taken by the Mid-town tunnel ?? Lived in Staten Island for 50 years before retiring and moving down here.

Be Safe JIM
Close enough!! LIC close to the railroad yard.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagTac View Post
Yeah. I realized they were alloys when I checked my spare out. If I could remove the cladding I would. The spare looks better. I'd also have to look for matching center pcs.
The cladding does come off, there was a post (can't seem to find it) on how to remove it.

Frank
Old 06-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #16
MagTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
The cladding does come off, there was a post (can't seem to find it) on how to remove it.

Frank
Thnx. I'll definitely do a search for that one.